Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

Member Services
on 7/6/14 10:21 am - Irvine, CA

Check out the surgical message boards you'll find under "Forums" above on the blue bar.  On the drop down menu, you'll find the surgical boards.

Best of luck to you as you talk to your doctor and at the informational seminar.

Welcome to ObesityHelp!

NT2OLD
on 7/6/14 12:21 pm

Hi! I'm new to this site. I'm waiting to hear from my insurance to set up my surgery.  I was just wondering what the chances are of being successful if you don't have any support from friends and family? Was surprised at the comments from those I thought would support me. Now I'm on my own.

Member Services
on 7/7/14 10:54 am - Irvine, CA

Hi NT2OLD,

While it's best to have loved ones on board it can be done.  Be sure and find a surgeon that has an extensive support group program and we are all here for you as well!  Please keep us posted on your journey!

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

ANTI0NETTE
on 7/7/14 1:58 am

Hello everyone my name is nicey and im am relative new to Oh. Im going thru the journey as well. I would like to be a part of your discussion board so that I can support and be supported thru out this journey.

Member Services
on 7/7/14 10:55 am - Irvine, CA

kayt2014
on 7/7/14 2:54 am

Hi I live in grandy NC and I was scheduled for gasstric bypass surgery the 25 of June in Chesapeake VA but a day b4 I was to go in for it they called and informed me that NC Medicade will not pay for out of statesurgery and they denied my surgery. So I filed an appeal, and they say it could take as long as 4 years to be approved.

So I am looking at other optionsand tring to find something that will do gastric bypass surgary and acceps NC Medicade so I am hoping this website can help me and give me some suggestions.

Member Services
on 7/7/14 10:57 am - Irvine, CA

Hi kayt2014,

We are sorry to hear all you have been through. May we suggest you check out our forum for insurance.  They have letters of appeal and have others that are experienced that may be able to help you.

Insurance, Cash Pay and Financing

Please keep us posted!

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

mary14
on 7/8/14 1:48 am

I am a newbie here.  I had my surgery June 30, 2014.  It has taken me a year to get to this point as I had to appeal to my insurance companies and finally got approval.  I had to meet all criterias to have the surgery see the nutrionist, and mental health.  I am still exploring this website trying to figure it out.  Does everyone use health tracker?  I have kept this a secret from friends and other family. 

I am finding it hard with being on liquids for 3 weeks past post op.  And relaxing--must I say when they say don't over do prior to surgery DON'T I did and learned a valuable lesson I woke up with cardiac issues, all is allright but it was scary.  So now directed to take easy now and boy hard when I am one that wants to get things done.  I hope my journey will be a success and hope I loose some otherwise UGH

Member Services
on 7/8/14 1:55 am - Irvine, CA

Hi mary14,

Congratulations on your surgery and the beginning of your journey! WOOHOO   Our members love Health Tracker.  Here is a link to our help section for the Health Tracker.  If you need additional help, let us know at [email protected]

The first couple of months can be a challenge but we promise it will get better.  Keep us posted on your progress!

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

tcleanslate
on 7/8/14 2:17 am

I am not exactly a "newbie", as I initially started my journey and joind OH over two years ago.  But I have never posted until today.

Two years ago, I "chickened out" and never made it further than the initial informational session.  This past February, I decided ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH and I dove into the process head first.  I am 6 days from my surgery date of Monday, July 14th.  I'm excited, scared......you name it.  Would like to meet some new friends on here who can give me the encouragement I may need in the weeks and months ahead, and vice-versa.

Most Active