Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

Gerri-01
on 6/16/14 12:30 am

I have started my weight loss surgery journey this past Friday.  I had the initial appointment with my doctor.  I am both nervous and excited about the decision.

I have health issues that I want to shed. 

Member Services
on 6/16/14 4:45 am - Irvine, CA

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome    If you have not decided on what procedure you want to have here is a link to all the options. Be sure and research and ask our members any questions you need to.

Duodenal Switch Forum (DS)   LAP-BAND Forum     Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)   Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)  

We can't wait to hear all about your journey!  

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services Team

Michele R.
on 6/16/14 1:40 am

Hi I had surgery on 05/13/14, I have lost 20 lbs.  I have been at a stall for the last 10 days.  It takes everything i got to get my water and protein in.  I am also still having issues with one of my incisions.  It had healed real nice.  I have a job where I sit at a desk all day, my bra rubs the incision while sitting.  It has opened up over the weekend and has been draining a bunch.  I have a doctors appt today to see what is going on.  Is it normal to not loos weight so soon after surgery?  I thought I would loose 40 lbs very quickly.  Thanks

Member Services
on 6/16/14 5:22 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Michele,

First of all congratulations on taking control of your health!  Way to go!  We are so glad you are seeing your surgeon today. They are the best source to answer your questions.  20 pounds is a great start and there could be many reasons for the slow down be sure and ask your surgeon.  You did not say what procedure you had. Post this on your surgery type forum and ask other members what they experience was a month out....

We look forward to your posts and sharing your journey!

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services Team

Jessica76218
on 6/16/14 5:20 am

Hello, I am new to the site. I am looking forward to start my weight loss journey. I have chosen a surgeon and about to start the first steps. However, I am looking for people who may have the same illnesses I do, so I may get a better idea of what I am looking at. I have crohn's disease and hypothyroid as well as psoriatic arthritis. Please any info will help. I look forward to sharing my  journey and help support others on theirs!!

Member Services
on 6/16/14 5:28 am - Irvine, CA

Hello Jessica,

Welcome to our community We are so excited for you and the start of your journey!

May we suggest you create a new thread with the illnesses you are speaking of. Put them in the subject line so everyone will know exactly what you are looking for.  You may also want to post it on some of the surgery type forums as well.  The more black and white you are in your posting the better responses you will get.

You can also use our search feature to the left of MY OH and type in the illness you are looking for one at a time and all posts that were posted about that illness will come up for you to view.

We can't wait to read about your success and follow you in your journey

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services Team

anisah111
on 6/16/14 6:07 am - Lackawanna, NY

Hello everyone I am new to the site. Had gastric bypass surgery almost 6 months and loving the change.

Member Services
on 6/17/14 3:01 am - Irvine, CA

Hi anisha111

Sounds like you are doing great.  If you have not done so, stop by the RNY forum.

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)

Keep up the great work!

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

dee_4244
on 6/16/14 6:23 am

hi my name is Dee....I am starting nutrition classes on Wednesday. I am hoping to have my surgery at the end of July. This surgery is all I have thought about for over 20 years. I finally have insurance that will pay for this. Any advise? I am so lucky to have a new friend living next door who is 5 years out of surgery . but I'm worried about giving up my diet coke. It is a weird addiction I know. 

lruedemann
on 6/16/14 6:39 am

Hi dee, I am also new to this website. I am almost one year post gastric bypass and feel great. As far as diet coke, I was a huge fan of that and Starbucks!! I must say neither taste good to me anymore. I have switched to tea and rarely I will have an urge for soda and the little mini can does me good. I find the belching is worse and just not worth drinking the soda. Hope all goes well for you!

just keep moving!

Most Active