Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

Member Services
on 7/8/14 2:38 am - Irvine, CA

Hi tcleanslate,

We are so glad to see you here and posting.  Being scared is normal especially if you have never had surgery.  The first consult I went to, I came out of it telling my husband those people are nuts. No one is going to cut me open and re-arrange my plumbing, I can do it myself.  I did go on to lose 60 pounds. Sadly, I had much more to lose (over 200) and put most of it back on.  Once I made up my mind to go through with it I pretty much had a death grip on the door jam as they where wheeling me into surgery.  Seriously the surgeon looked at me and asked do you want to cancel? I did, but I knew if I left I would be dead in 5 years and never come back.  It will soon be 10 years for me and 200 pounds later.  It was the best thing I EVER did in my life.  

Keep posting we are here to help and support you all the way

Kathy

Member Services

lauraallamaa
on 7/8/14 2:24 am
with

Hello, I am new here. I had the gastric sleeve June 16 weighing in at 276 now I weigh 256.5. I am young only 20, but was told I would have a hard life almost being diagnosed with diabetes I went and had surgery. Won't be able to start working out until august but I get enough walking through out the day. I get a little depressed sometimes I stay away from family members during meal times and I rarely go out because I do think want to put myself in a position to feel awkward around others who are eating. I am blessed to have done this surgery and excited to see the end results. 

Member Services
on 7/8/14 2:42 am - Irvine, CA

Hello lauraallamaa,

Congratulations on your surgery!

We are so excited for you.  Reach out to us when you feel alone, we are here for you.

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

AngryViking
on 7/8/14 2:48 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hi, my name is Kristen (hi, Kristen!  ).  I'm 44 and am scheduled for RNY on the 17th of this month.  I made my first appointment for my surgeon's required group session in February and everything has just snowballed since that time.  I've been lurking for 3 months or so and have gotten a lot of good information from everyone here.  And even though I may have not said anything, I've been able to empathize a lot with the other pre-ops.  It's nice to know that there are other people on the same road.  So, happy to be here and I hope I get to know you all better.

SJ2014
on 7/8/14 1:21 pm
with

Hello all! I am new to obesity help. I had gastric bypass in 2009 and went from 242 lbs to 132lbs with a total weight loss of 110lbs now 5 years later I have gained back 40lbs and I am wanting to see if I qualify for a revision. My BMI Is 31 and I can eat a lot now I still try not to eat a lot. I now have Aetna whole health insurance and I am wondering if they would cover it. I just got the insurance but soon I will try to schedule appointments to find out. Does anyone have advise for me?

Sue2489
on 7/8/14 1:47 pm

I had bypass in 2000. I have had some problems since the surgery . Mostly my fault because I didn't educate myself. I would really like to know if its normal to have gas and pain every night . I get worse year after year and I'm scared what's going to happen when I get older. I'm 49 now.

TruLuvinMom28
on 7/8/14 2:17 pm

Hello, I'm new. I am at the end of my check list before my surgeon's office submits to my insurance for approval. My wls of choice is the sleeve. I'm finding it kind of difficult to find a place to get my psych eval in my area at a reasonable price. Has anyone heard of BariatricPsychEvaluations.com?  Kind of seems too good to be true, but hoping maybe some of you have heard of them. I know I started off with questions, I'm at the excited/nervous point. I'm 40 w/ a 3 yr old & I'm weighing 430 lbs+. First time on a wls site. It's late, insomnia is here & my intro sucks

MW1101
on 7/9/14 12:25 am
RNY on 07/02/14

Hello :) My name is Ketty and I'm new here :). I had my gastric bypass surgery done one week ago on July 2. 2014. I've spent the last two days setting up my profile lol. I look forward to meeting new people, reading your stories, learning and finding support and encouragement here. Have a beautiful day!

booshk
on 7/9/14 1:18 am

Hi.  I just had RNY 6/3/14 and was referred to OH by my surgeon for support and encouragement.  I have lost 40 pounds since starting the process.  I look forward to my ongoing weight loss journey.

booshk
on 7/9/14 1:18 am

Hi.  I just had RNY 6/3/14 and was referred to OH by my surgeon for support and encouragement.  I have lost 40 pounds since starting the process.  I look forward to my ongoing weight loss journey.

Most Active