Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

bwj2015
on 7/9/14 6:29 am, edited 7/9/14 6:29 am

Hi there, i am totally new and just searching for alot of information, I have my first meeting tonight where i am gonna meet people who  have gone through the weight loss surgery. I have so many questions about it which makes me scared and happy at the same time. I saw alot of before and after and i got to admit, i was impressed.

NinaCanDOit
on 7/10/14 7:05 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Hola. 

I'm happy to be a new member of the OH forum and I'm looking forward to being a part of the community.

I had my RNY surgery done on 6/27/14 and I am recouping at home for the summer (teacher).  I feel so lucky that I'm able to go at my own pace as I'm back to doing most things, just feeling really sore.  Having just started on this journey I know I have a long way to go, but I'm excited, happy, and confident that I have made the right decision. 

lawilliams63
on 7/10/14 7:48 am

Hi! I'm new here. I'm really just in the investigation part of my journey. I appreciate this board and have found tons of helpful information.

My main concern is that my bmi is 38.4 and I'm afraid I will be told I don't qualify cause I'm not at 40. My hubby is an RN so I had him check my 

blood pressure and blood sugar last night and both are normal. I'm thinking my first step is to see my pcp. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Lisa

Beegee71
on 7/10/14 12:44 pm - Dallas, TX

I am new here.  I recently had Gastric Bypass surgery on June 17th.  I have lost 30 pounds thus far but seemed to have stalled over the last week as I transitioned to the pureed food stage.  I am also having a difficult time making sure that I eat all the scheduled meals and protein shakes each day.  Could the lack of a definitive schedule be stalling my progress?

Thanks

Bridget

marychris209
on 7/10/14 12:46 pm

I am new to OH community.   I just had my first appointment today,  so I have a lot to complete before I get my date.  My name is Mary and I am very excited. 

Lmo2291
on 7/11/14 12:43 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site, new to exploring weight loss surgry in general and I guess I'm just looking for some opinions, support and success stories. I'm 23, been on a diet as long as I can remember but have been stuck at 230 for the past 5 years now. I have pcos, high cholesterol, fatty liver, all the fun stuff. I was looking into a lap band because honestly I need help but still wanted to feel like I was losing the weight on my own but through research and talks with a surgeon it seems like  the lap band is not a good way to go. I'm nervous about perusing any other procedures because I'm not sure if I want to start cutting and stapling my stomach and intestines. Has anybody had a similar experience? Thanks!

scarletred
on 7/11/14 3:25 am
VSG on 10/07/14
horsam
on 7/11/14 1:44 pm - Crosby, TX

I am new to the site and hoping to garner some wisdom and insight. I was approved several years ago for surgery and had the date set for my first consultation. It was approved by the insurance. However as of Sept 1 of that year the employers changed the rules for policy holders and I was no longer approved. (My appt had been set for 9/7. Missed it by a few short days). The new rule by my husband's employer is that only the primary policy holder is entitled for bariatric surgery and then they have to be employed 5 years, have counseling 6 months prior and show a substantial weight lose before the surgery can be approved. As the spouse nothing applies to me other than I can not have the surgery. I'm hoping to find info on how to make this happen. I have health issues that would be reversed and/or slowed with the surgery. Anyway, that's it. Apologies for being long winded.  

vedika_garg2000
on 7/12/14 3:40 pm
with

Hi i m new member here.I got my WLS 23rd may2014 .AT time surgery i was 214 lbs n now i m  196 lbs just lost 18 lbs in 7 weeks.I m very drepressed becoz of my slow weight loss...plz help me as i want 50 lbs more to go.

Texasrose43
on 7/13/14 3:39 am - Houston , TX

Hi! My name is Rose and I had my surgery 07/07/2014 my starting weight was 265 so far I am down to 243 .... I am looking for support groups to attend. I am located in Houston.

This is probably the hardest thing I have ever done.... some things I struggle with. But for the most part the liquid diet is fine.

Ciao,

Rose

Most Active