Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

idomme69
on 7/13/14 1:40 pm

Hello. My name is Bre, and I am currently going through the evaluation process for the vertical sleeve. My Clinic is Cleveland Clinic, and I am alsp post transplant 3 years.  I would welcome suggestions, advice, knowledge on the sleeve procedure. I have done research, but I'd like to hear it firsthand from those who have been there.  My BMI is 46%, age 48. 

alib1976
on 7/13/14 11:21 pm, edited 7/13/14 11:30 pm
VSG on 10/16/14

Hi my name is Ali and I am just getting ready to start my path towards weight loss.  I am meeting with my surgeon today at 1140 to discuss options, etc.

I am 37 and have battled my weight my entire life.  In 2006, I had lost 95 pounds through medication and exercise, I was 225 pounds and made it to 130, and then in 2009 I lost a coworker to suicide, two months later, my dig was put to sleep, two moths after that I found my severely obese father dead of a heart attack,  and then three months later lost my Uncle to cancer.  With the losses that had me reeling, the pounds came back with a vengeance.  Today I am 250 pounds and I am five foot two, I deal with depression / anxiety, fibromyalgia, PCOS, and moderate osteoarthritis in my knees.  my hope is that I can lose about 110 pounds, delay my inevitable knee replacements and cut back on the amount of pain that I live in every day of my life.  

My surgeon is going to be Anita Courcoulas at UPMC.  I am leaning towards Gastric sleeve.  My BMI is 44.  Any input would be welcome.

Thanks you!

agonzalez818
on 7/14/14 3:30 am

HI im new here on OH i had my surgery on may 13th 2014 i was released on may 15th went back for a check up may 21st turns out i had a leak i was rushed into surgery again and now have a stent to rectify my leak i have had the stent for 5 weeks i have had no complications except for being very weak and dehydrated i was told the leak has yet to rectify itself the dr has suggested the stent either stay in a couple of more weeks or he suggested to inject my stomach with botox has this happened to anyone else? i am scared it will not heal should i be scared or should i just let it take its course please if this has happened to anyone please let me know your outcome i would greatly appriciate all answers thank you

dummy11
on 7/14/14 3:48 am

hello,

im dummy11 and im new,  i want to get the lapband surgery but they are asking for 500.00. i wanted to know if it were any programs that could pay this

lilac88
on 7/14/14 5:32 am

I am new to the community.  I had gastric bypass 4 weeks ago today.  So far I have lost 24 lbs. including the weight I lost before surgery.  I count my weight loss from my first visit with the weight loss nutritionist.  My goal is to lose 70-90 lbs total.  I would love to do it by the end of the year.  Am I being too optimistic?

Tiffany B.
on 7/14/14 3:33 pm

Hello, thanks for the welcome! I'm Tiffany, and I'm in process of weight loss surgery. I'm new to all of this and I'm still learning every day. A friend recommended this site to me - and I'm so glad she did! So much great information. I have a few more months before I get my insurance approval, but I'm trying to learn everything I can while I'm waiting. Thanks for having me! 

Cathy44
on 7/14/14 11:01 pm

Hello

I am waiting on a call to say "I am approved."  This has been a six year rollercoaster. I believe that I am so ready.  I hate this part but understand that it is part of the process.  I hope to be sleeved with in the next three weeks.  I am fat and tired.  At 44 I refuse to stay this way.   I want to be healthy.   Ring phone ring.

LadyOdd
on 7/30/14 4:46 am

Hello all! I am new to the OH community. just signed up today :) I am considering weight loss surgery. Actually I have decided on it just need to get everything started. Haven't talked to my pcp yet or ever even met him. New dr in a new state. I am glad I found this community. It looks like it will be a great place for research and mostly for support. Looking forward to meeting new people!

Everyday is the opportunity to begin anew 

Member Services
on 7/30/14 4:48 am - Irvine, CA

Welcome everyone!

If you need anything give us a shout at [email protected]    

AngieH75060
on 7/15/14 8:36 am

Hi everyone! I have been reading here for a while and finally taking the plunge and joining in! I just had my last nutrition class this morning. I have my endoscope to go and then I will be ready to go. I am hoping to have my surgery in the middle of August. I am getting the sleeve and I am excited, as I have needed this for so long, but also a little nervous. 

Angie

Most Active