Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

Member Services
on 7/6/14 1:16 am - Irvine, CA

Thanks for the introduction.  That is incredible that you haven't had to take your allergy medication.  It is common that once someone has had WLS that they decrease and/or stop medications but allergy medication?!  That's awesome!! 

Please keep posting about your journey. 

Congratulations on your surgery and welcome to ObesityHelp.

shawnakayspann1469
on 7/6/14 12:46 am - Ottawa , IL

Hello I am new to this and I am hoping in doing this right lol. I'm interested in having the gastric bypass. I'm 5'5 and weight 296lbs and I live in Illinois. I'm on a state insurance right now and I am looking for a Dr. I called OSF in Peoria and they sent me info and there is a non refundable fee of $370.00 that needs to be paid and the patient has to pay and ins does not pay. Are there any other surgical places that take the Illinois Health Connect/ Medicaid? That don't require a fee? 

Member Services
on 7/6/14 1:18 am - Irvine, CA

Welcome to ObesityHelp.  Below is a link for surgeons in Illinois for your review.  You can contact those that you're interested in and check with them:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/find/bariatric-surgeon/IL/

Fivepack
on 7/6/14 6:00 am

Newbie. First day on pre-op diet. Protein shakes, broth, sf jello, & sf Popsicles. 

Gonna need a lot of prayer.

Fivepack

Member Services
on 7/6/14 6:33 am - Irvine, CA

The first day of your WLS healthy lifestyle and your own WLS journey.

Welcome to the OH community.

ANTI0NETTE
on 7/6/14 8:10 am

Hello everyone I am new to the board and my friends call me nicey. I am also looking into having the wls and approval as well. I have read many posts and was elated that many of the stories was just like mine  I have seen many of my questions answered by different people but mostly the motivation that each one of you are providing.  So thank you thus dar because I feel like I can ask questions and get the support from many who hav gone thru the process or that is starting out just like me.i am overweight and hace been since 1997. I have been on many diets that resulted in gaining it back if not more. I have been told to push away from the plate etc.. but if you ever had a weight problem then you will kno its easy said than done. I walked 3 to 5 miles @ least 3 to 4 days aweek with my bff. She motivates me even more and I am grateful that she walks with me. I. Have started taking chantix to sto smoking bc many if my attempts has failed.  I have prayed about the smoking and this surgury and I believe that one day it will be my turn to have the wls and start my new journey as well.thanks everyone! 

Member Services
on 7/6/14 8:29 am - Irvine, CA

Welcome to ObesityHelp and as a member of the OH community.

We're glad that you are enjoying the message boards.  You'll find all sorts of information, education and support.

emckechnie
on 7/6/14 8:47 am - West Sacramento, CA

Hello, everybody! I'm 6 days post-op RNY and it took me about five years to get here. I'm the one who did all the classes and chickened out. Finally the weight (literally and metaphorically) of being over 300 pounds was just too much and I was able to complete the process. Now I'm home recovering and am looking for support, ideas and feedback. I hope I run into all of you soon!

emckechnie

Member Services
on 7/6/14 9:03 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your surgery and coming up on being one week post-op.

Check out the RNY message board too.

Welcome to OH and the OH community.

HLeighs118
on 7/6/14 10:11 am

Hi everyone! I am new here and am just starting to explore my surgery options.  I plan on going to an informational seminar with my local surgeon later this week.  I am still very much on the fence about having the surgery done, but I cannot seem to lose the weight on my own and it is affecting my health.  I am going to schedule an appointment with my family doctor this week to get some blood tests done, I have had my sugar levels or cholesterol checked lately (well over 2 years).  I am hoping to gather information from those of you who have been in my shoes.  Thanks!!

Most Active