Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

BeccaE1
on 7/4/14 4:04 am
VSG on 10/21/14 with

I am a newbie hear.  I'm just starting the process for my surgery.  Maybe September.  I've chosen RYN, but might have to have sleeve depending on scar tissue.  The surgeon won't know until he is "in there".  In the meantime, I'm hoping to learn a lot on these boards.  Thanks!!!

Member Services
on 7/4/14 4:25 am - Irvine, CA

Hi BeccaE1,

Welcome to the OH community.  You will learn a lot on the message boards plus get support from members. 

Check out the RNY message board and VSG message board

Marsha3X
on 7/4/14 5:06 am

Hi, I am new to OH. I'm going into my 4th month prior to submitting for approval. I meet with the dietician in the surgeons office once a month, primarily working on paying more attention to foods, keeping a food journal, and during my appointments she will shares tidbits of what to expect and also based on my food journal, things to stay away from and why. It's amazing how it takes awhile to realize food choice bombs, tracking has been helpful. I was previously approved for surgery and had a date set. The day I received my date was the same day I was offered a new job in another city. I decided not to try and push a surgery between jobs and relocating. That would have been a disaster. I have to say though that the pre-approval requirements with the previous surgeons office was much more in depth, very holistic, with support groups, psych appt and mental health group, but no pre-surgery nutritional guidance. I'm glad I kept everything in a binder, and it's nice to have the holistic info combined with my current nutritional guidance. Long story short...my journey is underway and thank you for listening and being a part of my journey as well. At this time, I am hoping to get the sleeve.

Member Services
on 7/4/14 5:44 am - Irvine, CA

Welcome to the ObesityHelp community.  You are well on your way to a WLS healthy lifestyle.

In addition to this message board, check out the Sleeve message board too for even more information and support.

MindyMac51
on 7/4/14 6:01 am, edited 7/4/14 6:02 am

Hi all. I had RNY surgery in November 2010. I  joined OH last week after acknowledging that I needed to get back on track.  

I posted my full story on my Profile page. Here's a summary:  I was 59 when I had RNY surgery in November 2010. I weighed 260 at surgery after a 20-lb. loss in pre-surgery prep.  My highest weight was 280; lowest post-surgery weight was 182 in September 2011. I still had more to lose, but I never got there. Instead I got complacent.  Gained back 38 lb. between Nov. 2012 and June 2014. 

Now I am getting back on track. I did the 5 day pouch test June 26-30 to RESTART and have lost 5 lb. in the past week. I'm very excited to be back on board. Please feel free to friend me or contact me. I hope to be posting regularly here and at MFP. 

Member Services
on 7/4/14 7:34 am - Irvine, CA

ObesityHelp is a place for pre and post-ops, especially post-ops that want to get back on track.  Many of us are doing the same thing - getting back on track AND staying on track. 

Check out the OH Group, Back On Track Together

namaqay
on 7/4/14 4:28 pm

I'm a newbie. I had gastric bypass 06/02/2014.so far things are going ok. I am following doctor orders. Preop wt was 363lbs;on 07/01/2014 wt 323.0lbs. Encountered this journey to improve my health,and embark upon a better quality of life. Looking forward to gaining insight as to managing this tool in the best way possible. Not much of a talker so I will stop now till later. Peace unto you all, One Love, Namaqay

namaqay
on 7/4/14 4:28 pm

I'm a newbie. I had gastric bypass 06/02/2014.so far things are going ok. I am following doctor orders. Preop wt was 363lbs;on 07/01/2014 wt 323.0lbs. Encountered this journey to improve my health,and embark upon a better quality of life. Looking forward to gaining insight as to managing this tool in the best way possible. Not much of a talker so I will stop now till later. Peace unto you all, One Love, Namaqay

Member Services
on 7/5/14 1:43 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your surgery and being one month post-op.  It sounds as though you are doing great!

Welcome to ObesityHelp and we're glad you're a member of the OH community.

Amy_Stricker
on 7/6/14 12:34 am

Hi everyone!  I am new to group, and just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Amy, and I am currently 8 weeks out from having my gastric bypass surgery.  Before surgery, I was 337 lbs, and on blood pressure medicine, asthma medicine, and allergy medicine.  Since the surgery, I have lost 48 lbs and I haven't had to take any of my medicine.  I was really surprised about the allergy medicine, because I am allergic to cats, and have 2 of them.  So far though, so good.  Before surgery, my asthma was so bad, that every 3 weeks or so, I would have an attack.  Since though, nothing.  I used to also get muscle cramps like crazy, in weird places like my stomach, the top of my foot, etc.  Now, nothing.  I am so HAPPY!  I still have about 122 lbs to lose, but it doesn't feel impossible anymore.  I look forward to sharing and learning with all of you.

Most Active