Are you new to the ObesityHelp Community? Introduce yourself

Member Services
on 6/18/14 7:12 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Mslippy,

The hardest part of this journey is distinguishing between physical hunger and "head" hunger.  Once you learn the differences and tools to deal with "head" hunger your journey to success will be much easier.

Here is a great article to help with "head" hunger.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mental-health/Head-Hunger- Coping-with-Your-Triggers-for-Overeating.html

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

Member Services
on 6/18/14 7:06 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Andy24,

Stop and think all you have and are going through, physically and mentally.  You will be flooded with all kinds of emotions and this is normal. Be sure and attend your surgeon's support group and it helps to talk to other that are going through what you are. If you don't have a local support group to attend please try and find one.  We are here for you  Here is the link to the VSG forum for you to reach out to as well.

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

Keep us posted on how you are doing and we can't wait when you start loading those before and afters.

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

Jessicavtec1
on 6/18/14 2:24 am

Hello my name is Jessica

I'm new to this website. 

I've started this journey on January 15, 2014 went in for a consult to get the Lap band  surgery. They told me I had to do 6 months that's what my insurance requires. So in my third month I changed my mind with all the researching I was doing YouTube I watching I didn't want the lap band no more. I told my surgeon I wanted to do the sleeve. So he told me ok and I had to go get a endoscopy. So on May 10,2014 I got my endoscopy everything came out great. Then I had to go see the physic and he approved me for the surgery also. Then the nutritionist and she ok everything also.  Now today June 18, 2014 is my last day of the 6 month requirement. I'm so excited to go to the appt. at 2:30pm to see what he tells me. I decently know that now they have to send all my information to the insurance and the waiting game starts to see if the insurance approves. I can't wait to get the call letting me know they approved and your surgery dat is......

hopefully anyone that went threw this journey can let me know what I will be expecting. Thank you. 

Member Services
on 6/18/14 7:22 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Jessicavtec1,

Welcome to OH.  We are so excited for you and happy to "impatiently" wait with you.

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

luvmygrls85
on 6/18/14 2:52 am - North Prince George , VA

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this site! It was recommened to me in the information sent to me for my upcoming VSG Surgery. I have spent the last almost 8 1/2 months doing everything required for surgery, and insurance has pre authorized and the big day is July 18th!!!! I know I still have a long road ahead to achieve all of my health goals but I'm excited to make the big changes for the best version of myself!!!! I have two little girls and I know they can't wait for mommy to run and play with them.

Rachel

Onfire
on 6/18/14 5:40 am

I am extremely frustrated as the heart clinic sent a clearance for the surgery, but now they want a PCP letter from the primary care doctor who does not believe in bariatric surgery and the other doctor does not do clearance for surgery. What is a person to do when it is required and you have nobody to work with you?

Member Services
on 6/18/14 7:01 am - Irvine, CA

Find another PCP.  Give your surgeon's office a call and ask them for a list of PCP's (if you have a WLS surgeon, if not we can help you with that) they have worked with in the past. You can also post on your state forum and here asking if any other members in your area have a positive PCP.

Also put your zip code in the upper right hand corner where it says find a and change the drop down to PCP/Internist and see what comes up.

Hang in there!

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

Onfire
on 6/18/14 7:20 am

Does anyone know how I can get a PCP letter when my primary doctor does not believe in it and have tried everything else? This surgery is important

jqcwife
on 6/18/14 11:14 pm - Malvern, AR

I am new here.  I have been looking around the site for a few weeks.  My consultation is scheduled July 8th and surgery is July 23rd.  I am excited but nervous.

Member Services
on 6/23/14 5:23 am - Irvine, CA

Welcome jqcwife

We are so excited for you.  It's normal to be nervous, just reach out to us and we will help you all the way.  Please let us know how you are doing after surgery.

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

Most Active