What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 11/18/15 8:52 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I use it in my 2 year old as well.  He's never really had a diaper rash that lasted more than a day.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 11/18/15 8:33 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Late in today, the big kid had a doctor's appt this morning.  fun fun

I have very sensitive skin, so I just use plain ol' Dove sensitive skin bar.  I dont use ANY products on my body, except Vanicream lotion.  Which is especially for people who are allergic to life, like me! HAHAH  It's pricey, well for me anyway, but SO WORTH it, since I cant use anything else!

7 Months 2 weeks since surgery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate

S: 1/2 chocolate brownie quest bar (on way to work from docs office)

L: Homemade egg salad (2 eggs, 1 tbsp may, squirt dijon mustard)

S: 2 Baybel light cheese

D: 1c romaine, 1oz RF cheese, 1oz turkey keilbasa, 1 tsbp lite ranch

S: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt (if needed, added to totals)

Totals: Cals: 771 Protein: 89  Carbs: 35  Fat: 35

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

stacyrg
on 11/18/15 9:39 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  I love the questions of the day . . . keep them coming.  I use either dove bar soap on the shower or gel from Bath and Body works, depending on my mood and if I want a scent or not.  The dove I use is unscented.  My favorite B&BW scent is the vanilla spice or the pear.  As for lotion, I use either aveeno eczema formula, Palmers cocoa butter, or ginger soufflé from Origins (my favorite at the moment)  It all depends on what I want to smell like.  My favorite hand lotion is True Blue Spa (from B&BW) Super Softening Hand Lotion.  It works great and has no scent.  I HATE scented hand lotion.  Finally, for my face, I use a scrub from my dermatologist and Neutrogena oil free moisturizer.  I love, love, love beauty products and can get lost in an Ulta or Sephora for a very long time!

I don't know if I mentioned it previously (and if I did, I apologize for repeating myself) but my Dr. appt. last week went really well.  I was having huge lab issues with my cholesterol being completely out of control.  They decided I wasn't eating enough for my activity level and ordered me to adhere to a strict 1200 calorie a day eating plan.  While it was VERY difficult for me, both physically and mentally, I did my best to adhere to it and it seems to be working.  My cholesterol went from 310 (a number that scared my surgeon) to 220 (which is still high, but out of the "you're killing yourself" range).  He said if I continue with the plan it should come back down to pre-surgery levels which made everyone happy.  I'm bringing it up, cause I wanted to thank you all for any support you've offered or just for listening to me ramble on.  It means everything to me knowing I have a place where I can turn to and people who get the struggles we face.  So, THANK YOU!

Here's my food plan.

B: Turkey, spinach and cheddar

L: 3 oz hamburger patty with grilled onions and a slice of cheese

D: Roasted chicken Thigh and quinoa and veggie salad

S: Somersaults, Light and Fit and Peanut butter

Cal: 1013, Protein: 95g; Fat: 40g; Carbs: 41g

AngryViking
on 11/18/15 9:43 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay, that's awesome news about your lab work!!   

And thank you for being a part of Team Unscented Hand Lotion.  We are small but mighty.  LMAO

stacyrg
on 11/18/15 9:46 am
VSG on 05/12/14

AV - I totally hear you on the PB.  I alternate between natural Peanut Butter and PB2 to mix into my yogurt.  I've noticed that lately I'm adding in extra into my yogurt (even though I use a measuring spoon to measure).  I think I either have to go back to being ultra strict or start using PB2.  I don't "cheat" with the PB2, but I LOVE the extra creaminess of the regular peanut butter in my yogurt.  This could be a very slippery slope for me, so I need to ixnay now!

Juliek7312
on 11/18/15 9:53 am

I use the dove body wash. Makes my skin feel great ^^

Time since surgery: almost 7mo

B: eggface's crust less quiche bites

S: pure protein chocolate peanut caramel bar

L: Syntrax fuzzy Navel protein shake

S: ??

D: chana masala (finally fini**** off)

TOTALS:  Cals:  494    Protein:59    Carbs:  31 Fat:  15

need to get a little more protein in during that ?? snack

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15