What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/22/24 1:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a phenomenal weekend. I sure did! Our broom class in Maine was so fun, and although we were only gone for 29 hours, it felt like a real vacation. A change of scenery was just what I needed :) Then yesterday I taught a great cookie class. I wouldn't mind another few days off but I think I am ready for the week.

I tried to upload pics of the brooms, but OH wasn't having it.

Remember how miserable I was on Friday because of the caffeine withdrawal? Well, in my haze, I drank some Diet Coke, completely forgetting that it's caffeinated. I immediate felt a million times better and decided I simply can't go cold turkey. I am going to make my first cuppa a half-caf and then stay caffeine free for the rest of the day, for at least a week, then try to cut down from there. But in the meantime, my GERD is finally under control, probably from the new meds. Yay! I need to work hard to try to get the food and caffeine under control so that I don't need to rely on the meds but for now, it's so refreshing to feel good again!

QOTD: Do you prefer texting or talking on the phone? I don't think I have a general preference. It depends more on my mood at the moment. Sometimes I think it's easier to talk and sometimes I think it's easier to text.

• Protein half-caf
  • egg & cheese
  • Cauliflower Gnocchi and Chicken Sausage
  • Cauliflower Gnocchi and Chicken Sausage
  • Zesty Mexican Chicken Rice Bowl
  • Zesty Mexican Chicken Rice Bowl
  • Hummus & Chickpea Chips
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 4/22/24 3:02 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all. Hopefully OH won't eat this post. It keeps saying that the server has timed out. I honestly don't think they have anyone to check on this place. It at least seems that way! QJB, yay for control of the GERD! That's so good to hear.

The only thing planned for the day is going and reapplying at the clinic I go to. I am so flipping miserable with my mouth. It just has got me down so much. I can't smile or form certain words without immense pain. The denture on the bottom hurts like hell to wear. It combined with my back has totally got me down. I'm exhausted, I'd bawl I'd I could.

QOTD: I guess texts. Though it really depends on who it is. Most of the time I avoid talking on the phone as I hate my voice.

B: oatmeal

S: egg

L: potato soup

S: egg

D: puréed chicken or ham

Queen JB
on 4/22/24 5:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

So sorry about the mouth pain. It's early though--that was a big procedure, and I'm sure it will take time to heal.

Melody P.
on 4/22/24 5:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I'm at the annoyed stage more than anything I guess. It makes me whiney and salty lol!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/22/24 3:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang! We had a great but short weekend trip. Most of Main is still closed though. It seems like Mother's Day is their big opening weekend. I'll make sure we have some nice broom photos for Friday. It seems a little odd, making a broom by hand, when we have a perfectly good leaf blower at home.

QOTD: For a short message, texting is great. But for anything more complex, a phone call is easier. The other thing I dislike about texts is that it gets drawn out, time-ways, and I find that they get easily interrupted. Phone calls are more focused.

All weekend I've been hearing about half-calf. I don't get it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 4/22/24 3:26 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Top of the morning pretty people!

I am back and ready to rumble!

JB - I totally subscribe to your new caf/decaf regimen, could not go cold turkey decaf.

Fun fun fun 10 days in Italy with the family, good wholesome food, and lots of walking. My daily average was about 15,000 steps when we were not moving much, so that should tell you. No planned workouts due to the wedding, things were just crazy, but I'm happy with my food intake and moving around; infact contrary to my own belief I weighed myself this morning (landed yesterday afternoon ) and did not gain an oz! Didn't lose an oz either but that's another story.

If you guys bear with me I have a ton of pics that if OH allows me to share I'd like to show you! First things first; while I was there it was Vespa world day. It was the 75th anniversary of Vespa and 140th of Piaggio (the factory that produces Vespa). Piaggio is in a little town near my hometown. You should have seen all these people coming to town for the Vespa convention, they looked like Harley Davidson bike gangs but on their little Vespas. Soooo cute, with their leather vests full of badges, long grey beards and bandanas. There were younger people too, but the HD wanna bes were my favorite.

These were the Vespa sculptures around town that were made just for this anniversary. To show you how big they were I took pic of DD in front of one.

QOTD: totally depends on the time of day (busy vs not busy) and with whom. Text is my favorite because it's more convenient.

My meals yesterday (travel day):

• Coffee + 2/3 barbells bar
  • Some sort of airplane stew, beef stick
  • Epic chicken, Barebells bar
  • Spicy queso chips (held onto them for the whole trip), sriracha edamame
  • E: nope, travel day

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 4/22/24 3:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I want to go to Vespa day! I very much want a Vespa.

welcone home!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 4/22/24 5:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

SO FUN!!!!

Melody P.
on 4/22/24 5:13 am - Amarillo, TX

Those pics are so great! Thanks for sharing with us, it looks like such a fun time!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/22/24 5:31 am
RNY on 08/21/12

They really like their Vespas!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 334 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 340 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 288 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 458 views