What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/23/24 2:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning, friends!

Yesterday was all kinds of productive. For the first time in ages, I got up super-duper early and instead of just laying around reading the internet, I got up and did stuff. I cooked 2 weeks worth of Hungry Root recipes and did stuff for cookie class. Not today, though. I slept until 4:30 and couldn't make myself get out of bed until 5:15 :)

QOTD: Where were your favorite places to shop as a teenager? I just saw that the store Express is closing and I had a pang of sadness. The Gap and Express were my favorite places when I was a teen in the late 80s, early 90s. I also spent a ton of time in Strawberries Records & Tapes, which was the best record store in the mall.

Accountability: My GERD came back mid-day. Not as bad, but I had a slow burn in my chest all afternoon and evening. I probably shouldn't have had tomato sauce, but it's what I had. Anyway, I ate my first three small meals, but not the two mid-day small meals, so I skipped straight to my light dinner.

• protein half-caf
  • 1/2 chicken stuffed pepper
  • 1/4 c chicken rice bowl
  • 1/4 c chicken rice bowl
  • 1/4 c black beans & peppers
  • 1/4 c black beans & peppers
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 4/23/24 3:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I woke up at 3:30 and can't get back to sleep. Ugh. Rain later today, but clear this morning (and warm!), so I'll get out and bike before the rain comes. Otherwise, it'll be the usual today..

The date of my uncle's cremains committal has been set, so I'm off to Cleveland at the end of May - and then I'll drive to Vermont with my aunt (his wife) and her niece so I can spend a few days with my aunt - then fly back home. I feel awful about this, but I've decided not to tell my mother that I'm going to the committal. There's pretty much no way she can travel any more - by car or plane - although I know she'd be heartbroken to miss this. But...there's just no way she'd be able to make the trip. Obviously, she'll know I'm gone, but I plan to tell her I'm going to Vermont to visit my aunt (which...I am...just not the first three days of my trip). DH will be staying home so someone is around for her if needed. This is going to be life until we can get her into a continuing care facility.

QOTD: That was back in the 70s for me. I remember liking Spencer Gifts and record stores.

coffee with half & half

Greek yogurt, Danish bread with butter and jam

protein shake

no clue about lunch - maybe one of the Jimmy Dean's D'lights that's been sitting in my freezer for eons

Greek yogurt? And maybe a handful of pistachios

Loma Linda southwestern burrito bowl (boy do I need to make a trip to the grocery store!)

have a great day, everyone! (QJB - my stomach occasionally reacts to tomato sauce, too, although I have very few issues with reflux any more, thankfully..)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 4/23/24 3:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all.

I'm feeling really rather ill. Really really not good. Nothing is staying in my system for longer than 40 minutes...even water. We're going to call the dentist as it looks like there "might" be a puss pocket in the front part of my mouth. I think it's the amoxicillin doing this to my stomach. I can't take a pain pill. Around 2 I dry heaved for like 20 minutes. I might call my pcp if this doesn't stop. I feel utterly awful. Also having some pretty bad acid reflux. I've take. Probiotics like suggest by the pharmacist but this has kicked my ass.

QOTD: I've never been much of a shopper. I guess if I had to pick it'd be hot topic They carried a lot of band merchandise.

unless there is a dramatic improvement it'll be nothing to eat today.

Queen JB
on 4/23/24 5:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I hope there is dramatic improvement!

Emiepie
on 4/23/24 5:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope things get better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 4/23/24 6:46 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Hope your health improves. I can relate that it's very overwhelming to address everything that's going on. With my current health challenges, I'm trying to focus on the positives in life that I'm grateful for. I've found that helps me. I have to intentionally say them in my mind since the negative thoughts come naturally. I'm grateful to be able to walk. I'm grateful to live the life I want to live considering my current limitations. I'm grateful that I can share my experience and help others in the same situation. I can only control my response to these challenges not the challenges themselves.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Melody P.
on 4/24/24 1:25 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

A lot of people don't think I handle things well but I think...given all I have to deal with I do pretty well, not perfect of course. When I write stuff down it's my way of letting it go. I agree with you wholeheartedly. We can only control our own reactions.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/23/24 4:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday! I am in an day conference today and tomorrow and it is a stupid one.

Qotd - I didn't do a lot of shopping as a teen, never been my thing. If I had to pick one I would say Waldenbooks!

my menu is not my own for the next few days, but I have meat sticks, yogurt, protein bars and they are catering all the meals so I will cobble together.

have a terrific Tuesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/23/24 9:32 am
WLS on 07/15/22

As a fellow at times conference-goer...what makes one of them stupid? Inquiring minds want to know!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Queen JB
on 4/23/24 3:33 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Personally I find them stupid when I have to travel to something that could have been an email!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 324 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 335 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 286 views
What's on your Monday Menu?