Getting upset! Haven't lost any weight for 1 month

mama2418
on 10/17/14 7:53 am
RNY on 02/13/14

I started at 310 at 6 months out i weighed 227, now it is 8 months out and I still weigh 227. I feel like crying. I did not go through all this to still weigh over 200 pounds.  

"This too shall pass" and then we go shopping!   

Dee.spunk
on 10/17/14 8:16 am - Sacramento, CA
I'm sure more people will tell you this, but it is totally normal to go through stalls. we all go through them. My first stall lasted about 5 weeks. just keep eating the same and following your plan, and eventually the stall will break.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

mama2418
on 10/17/14 4:12 pm
RNY on 02/13/14

thank you

karenp8
on 10/17/14 9:18 am - Brighton, IL

I'm sorry to hear that you are so upset and not losing weight. Let us know what and how much you eat in a day and if you are exercising too. We would love to help,just add some more info please!

mama2418
on 10/17/14 4:15 pm
RNY on 02/13/14

I unfortunately sit at a desk all day.so I am not exercising lke I should, I am not over eating, but I do know I am not getting enough protien

Chilipepper
on 10/17/14 4:39 pm
On October 17, 2014 at 11:15 PM Pacific Time, mama2418 wrote:

I unfortunately sit at a desk all day.so I am not exercising lke I should, I am not over eating, but I do know I am not getting enough protien

You get out of it what you put into it!

ypu don't do the work you don't get the rewards.  Don't blame the surgery. You don't make the effort you WILL be over 200 lbs 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

karenp8
on 10/18/14 3:39 am - Brighton, IL

Protein should be the biggest part of each meal for good weight loss. Meat,seafood,beans and dairy should be your friends. White bread,rice,pasta and anything with added sugar is your enemy if you want to have success. Exercise can be as simple as taking a short walk on your lunch break or parking far out in the parking lot or taking the stairs. Your success is all up to you and your choices. There is nothing about this that is easy,but set your mind to it and you can do it. And we are here for advice and encouragement!

TexasLady52
on 10/20/14 12:47 am
Revision on 06/10/14
On October 17, 2014 at 11:15 PM Pacific Time, mama2418 wrote:

I went through this.  I didn't lose anything for about 6 weeks.  I too sit at a desk all day and i have bad knees, so wasn't moving around alot.  I went back and examined everything I was eating.  Made sure I was getting in all my protein and water.  I was really slacking on the water.  I cut out all white...bread, potatoes, rice...etc.  Started watching my carbs more closer.  I lost 6 lbs in two months.  Then I got sick and dropped 23 lbs. in two weeks.  It wasn't fun being sick but it got me over the hump in addition to watching my water and what I was eating.  I dropped another 10 lbs this week.  I was actually able to walk at a park yesterday...YEA!  I have a ellipitical peddler (from Amazon) that I have under my desk.  Two or three times a day I try to use the peddler so I am not so stiff from sitting all day.  I also have some hand weights that I use when I sit down to watch TV.  Good Luck on your journey!!!!

mama2418
on 10/20/14 1:00 am
RNY on 02/13/14

I think I will star****ching better what I eat and make sure I drink all my water and get my protein. You have given me hope

TexasLady52
on 10/20/14 2:02 am
Revision on 06/10/14

You can do this!  Are you having trouble getting your protein in.....they kept telling me to up my protein when I was not losing. I had the DS and was told I needed 120 grams of protein a day.  I am using Genepro to get all of mine in.  I mix it with Crystal Light Lemonade and keep a big glass of it at my desk and sip on it all day. (I stop at a convenient store every morning and fill up my Bubba Mug with ice...it keeps ice all day). I post everything in My Fitness Pal....I check at night and If I have not hit my protein.....I fix me another Lemonade with Genepro before I go to bed.  I use Lemonade because all the others are too sweet for me.

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 58 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 361 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 303 views