What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/29/24 3:06 am, edited 4/29/24 3:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Sorry I have spent 30 minutes trying to upload a photo and it's not happening.

Hello and Happy Monday!

I am pretty sure there is nothing on earth that is simultaneously as cute as annoying as waking up to a cat?s fuzzy paw smacking you across the face. Good morning, Fez.

This weekend was all cookies all the time. It felt good to get a lot done. It?s definitely a challenge to keep up with the biz with so little time to put towards it. Whatever I am doing is definitely working, though, because I continue to get a lot of orders and people inquiring about customs cookies, even though I am not doing them anymore.

Today is a pretty boring day at work. Lots of meetings but not the exciting kind but I am happy to ease back into the week with no drama.

Oops after editing this post 50 times to try to get a pic uploaded, I forgot the QOTD on the last time. Edited to add! QOTD: Do you have a favorite airline? I haven't flown much in the last few years. What's your best tips for comfortable and reliable these days?

Little bites of these things all day:

• Protein half caf
  • Turkey Meatballs
  • Chicken Thigh Garlic Naan
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 4/29/24 3:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy monday! Ready for the last few days of April? The year is zip, zip, zipping by.

The weekend was good but way too short. Definitely had some weather whiplash; I got home about 8p on Sunday, sat out on the deck with an adult beverage and watched a thunderstorm roll in; had about 4 inches of cold wet snow on Saturday, and then sat out on the deck for an hour or so yesterday morning. Colorado, out state motto should be "All four seasons, today". I did end up ordering books from my local independent bookstore rather than driving across town; I love the snow but over the driving in it for this season. I did have to go out and rescue my lilac from the heavy snow a couple of times, looks like I lost one low branch but all the rest are in good shape.

I have a busy day of meetings and then a late afternoon flight; I'm trying to figure out if I can get to my library to pick up a book on hold on the way; it's in the wrong direction but not too far out of the way. I'm going to try to get out for a walk before I start work this morning, fresh air will be nice and there won't be a lot of it in the next few days.

If anyone watches The Brokenwood Diaries, the new season just started on Acorn. I might have already watched the first episode, lol.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

skyr

Turkey, Cheddar, and pickle sandwich

timing is weird for dinner so probably a meat stick or cheese stick, maybe a protein bar

Poor sad lilac on saturday! I did end up wearing a lot of the snow when I shook it off.

and happier lilac yesterday afternoon.

Have a magnificent monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 4/29/24 4:54 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That's all the weather in one day!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 4/29/24 3:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all. Hoping you all had a great weekend.

I've been up for way to long. A combination of tummy problems and my mouth drying out. my mouth is better for the most part but I hope the fluconazole really kicks in today. Also hoping my stomach will get its damn act together. I just want to feel better dang it. I'm supposed to call if the med doesn't help by the time I run out of it, which is Friday.

No big plans that's I know of. I may work on some resin stuff. My mom is mad in general so I hope it's a lay low kind of day.

food is the regular mush.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/29/24 3:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

QOTD - Nope, no favorite but given all the challenges with airlines these days, always recommend direct and non-stop flights and try not to take the last flight out on a day. And if you go with one of the discount airlines, you do get what you pay for.

Jen

Dcgirl
on 4/29/24 4:56 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Chiming in to agree with the theme of "the weekend wasn't long enough!". I had a lovely weekend but it was too short. I got in 20,000 steps on Saturday but then slept so poorly last night I skipped the gym today. Now I'm regretting it because I head to Philly tomorrow through Sunday so my whole workout week will be out of whack. I may do a Barre3 class while I'm there.
Q: definitely Delta hands down. I am silver with them and I have lounge access thanks to my credit card. But I'm with Jen, direct and easy is my priority. Which is why I'm on United in two weeks for a work trip to Vegas. It pains me to be in general boarding and rear seats but it's better than spending a day flying via Atlanta or Minneapolis.
My friend brought me a fresh baked sourdough bread to brunch yesterday. You can bet I'm having a piece today! I did chop it up and freeze the rest.
B: leftover quiche from brunch at a French place, this thing is like a custard

L: a piece of sourdough with turkey and cheese and Dijon mustard

D: chicken thighs from the grill!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/29/24 5:08 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Hey everyone. I have a real rarity today and tomorrow -- dressing like an adult. I have a wake and funeral -- one of my mom's childhood friends -- and need to put on a suit. I need to figure out if I even own a dress shirt at the moment. I wear them so seldom that I have, at times, treated them as disposable. JB has an iron, but mine has hide glue all over it from using it on veneer.

JB is so happy! Her new patio furniture arrives today!

QOTD: I know more about men's formal wear than I do air travel.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/29/24 5:10 am
RNY on 02/14/18

If QJB won't let you borrow her iron, just toss it on lowest setting in the dryer with a damp washcloth for 10 minutes, or hang it in the bathroom while you take a really hot shower.

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 4/29/24 5:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It being the shirt, not QJBs iron.

Jen

Dcgirl
on 4/29/24 5:18 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am so glad you clarified, I legit had a moment where I was like, oh will the dryer remove the glue? Maybe it melts and comes off LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics