Question for the girls about the girls

gtrdyfor50
on 2/1/14 8:15 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I have been fitted at Nordstroms in the past, a couple of times. Very professional and good at what they do.

My favorite bra is the Le Mystere Dream Tisha Bra.

Louise1974
on 2/1/14 10:08 am

A professional bra fitting is critical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  for anyone really but especially for us.  I second the poster who said that Nordstrom usually has good people.  I personally have found that the gals at speciality lingere stores are my favorite.  There is one near me that is just amazing.  The lady there once just took one look at me and brought me three of the best bras I have ever owned.  She was like the Boob Whisperer!  This is complicated business.  Don't trust some little whispy teenager at VS.  No way.  Get thee to a fancy bra shop.  You will pay more.  Often the lower end bras start at $40 ish and go up from there.  I know what you mean about having full fullness but lots of hanging.  Me too.  A good quality bra will reallly make a difference.   I bought bras from thrift stores all while I was losing because I literally flew through the sizes but now my weight has stabalized and I can't wait to get into some really great bras.  It is worth every penny.  And much cheaper than PS.  One trick I used while losing and being in bras that were often not quite right is I would wear a tight fitting body shaping tank top over the bra.  It smoothed out any bumpy spots pretty nicely. 

If I was going to buy a bra online I like the selection at Title Nine, those ladies know their bras.

sonyamarie75
on 2/2/14 12:30 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

I am not aware of a "good" lingerie store in my area. We just have the department stores, VS, Lane Bryant at the mall. I don't think we have any independent stores though except for post mastectomy. 

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/2/14 1:02 am

The post mastectomy shop in my area is also the specialty bra shop. They know their stuff and are very discreet. They carry regular bras in addition to nursing and mastectomy bras.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

sonyamarie75
on 2/2/14 12:29 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Thanks everyone for replying. I went to a couple of place to be fitted. First fitting 38 D-- second fitting 40 D. So pretty close. I did get a couple of bras at VS but I am going to take one back. I think I would do better with a bra from Lane Bryant. I think I need a little bit of a higher band on the sides to hold in the loose skin under my arms by by breast . Its not really overspill, its more like just loose hangy skin.. Yuck. If the VS bras went a little higher on the sides they would be ok. I am going to sneak out to the mall and hit LB to try a few on. I am going to keep the pretty lacy one I got at VS though :) I figure I deserve it. I also ordered the Bali one that was on sale at JMS and bought a leisure one for around the house. 

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 290 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 296 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 287 views