Question for the girls about the girls

VSG on 06/12/13

I love my VC's!  I wear the wonder bras, but they have other styles that aren't underwire. Don't be afraid to try them, though, because you might find that this new body takes to the underwires better.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/1/14 3:27 am - OH

Since mine literally hang to my waist now, I just had to go to the store and start trying on different styles and sizes.  I knew that support was the most important thing, to get the back up where they belonged, so that at least gave me a starting point.

Keep in mind that for many of us, because there is so much sagging, if you get a bra with any kind of molded cup, in order to get one that is big enough, the very top of the cup may be a little empty (since we no longer have the "roundness").  Hopefully that makes sense!

i found that VS has some very pretty bras (but only a couple in my size, LOl), but they are not very supportive.  Cacique by Lane Bryant has a large array of sizes and offers a lot of support.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

sonyamarie75
on 2/1/14 3:46 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Thanks! I thought this meant that what I had was too big. I definitely no longer have the roundness. They are flat almost like pancakes. I could roll those puppies up... LOL. 

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/2/14 12:29 am - OH

Well, what I have IS too big (still a DDD), but without a bra on, my chest is completely flat until my rib cage.  All the breast tissue hangs between my ribs and my waist!

Sad.  So very sad...

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

TurnThePage
on 2/1/14 4:42 am

BEST BRA FINDER INFO EVER   http://www.herroom.com/know-your-breasts/questions.aspx

This page at Her Room lingerie website walks you through  a number of VERY specfic questions about the size, shape, position, etc. of your breasts.  Illustrated with sketches.

Then it provides you with VERY specific information on the styles of bras that will works best for you and shows photos to clarify and sizing tips.  

I've never seen anything on a website  even close to the amount of information provided on those web pages- -or learned half as much in professional fittings.  This is a must read if you are going to order bras online.

QoftheU
on 2/1/14 5:20 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Yes, this thing is AWESOME!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 2/2/14 4:06 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13
On February 1, 2014 at 12:42 PM Pacific Time, TurnThePage wrote:

BEST BRA FINDER INFO EVER   http://www.herroom.com/know-your-breasts/questions.aspx

This page at Her Room lingerie website walks you through  a number of VERY specfic questions about the size, shape, position, etc. of your breasts.  Illustrated with sketches.

Then it provides you with VERY specific information on the styles of bras that will works best for you and shows photos to clarify and sizing tips.  

I've never seen anything on a website  even close to the amount of information provided on those web pages- -or learned half as much in professional fittings.  This is a must read if you are going to order bras online.

Am I the only one who had to go look at myself in the mirror and come back to my computer several times? (P.S. My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts!) LOL

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

Sherrie P.
on 2/1/14 4:53 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Mine have deflated as well.   I have a Bombshell Bra from VS and it is total false advertising. :-) They look awesome in it!!

I wear dream angel otherwise.  I think the band sizes go up to a 38 in my store.

Gotta get a great bra! - 

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

QoftheU
on 2/1/14 5:20 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

A topic just up my alley!

As a former lingerie buyer, lingerie store manager, and professional bra fitter, I have some advice.  Do NOT go to VS UNTIL you have been fitted by a REAL bra person.  VS hires kids, givees them minimal training, and they're mostly used to perky boobs.  Find a REAL store in your area, get fitted (and I can tell you STORIES about people thinking, and wearing the wrong bra size for years!  One woman came in and had been wearing a 40B for almost ten years - hard to find size too - and it turned out she was a 38DD - she was so happy to leave the store comfortable - bought about ten bras!). 

Also, if you have big boobs you need underwire - period - unless you want to look sloppy and saggy.  BUT, if you get fitted correctly, you will find the underwire to be comfortable and supportive and pretty.  Keep in mind, just like regualr clothes, different manufacturers fit differently.  Find your real size and adjust accordingly.  Use this formula: if you find a bra that fits you great, and you want a different kind and that size is 'off', go UP a cup size and DOWN a back size, or vice-verse... that will usually solve the problem.  Trust me - I had 20 years in this business.

Oh, and the Genie bras S.U.C.K.  What a marketing ploy!

Good Luck!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

sonyamarie75
on 2/1/14 7:15 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Thanks so much! Which store wold you recommend to get a good fitting? 

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 1 replies · 10 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views