need some supprt please

aidan
on 3/2/13 9:37 pm - Canada
So my sugery was on the 28th and I am still in the Ottawa hospital. My heart was racing all day Friday and I kept telling anyone who would listen that I didn't feel right. Stood up and passed out- turns out my hemoglobin was dangerously low. Had a cat scan and two blood transfusions and I have leak somewhere but they don't want to operate yet. I am so sick and sad and I miss my 22 month old daughter so much I can't bear it. I know I wanted this so badly but I am just a mess right now.

Onward and
Downward

on 3/2/13 9:41 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I'm sorry you're having complications.  Sounds like a really rough time.  Can someone bring your little one in to visit you?

There are a few others on OH who had complications at first but recovered and had great success at their WLS.  But it couldn't have been easy during the ordeal.  I'm sure some of them will be along to share and support.

Good luck to you, and I'm glad you're speaking up for yourself at the hospital.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/13 10:06 pm

Im so sorry to hear this. You are in the best place you can possibly be at this time. I agree with the above post ... can you get someone to bring your daughter in for a visit? Do you have a picture of her with you? You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted how you are doing. All the best and this too shall pass .

slrm2m2
on 3/2/13 10:39 pm - Canada

So sorry to hear about your complications.  Do your best to stay hopeful.  The doctors will fix this and you will recover fully and get back home soon to be with your family.  Sending healing wishes your way.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

DawnTibbetts
on 3/2/13 10:57 pm - Susanville, CA

I too had a leak and a blood transfusion and a second surgery to fix the leak, I am now 6 years out and I would do it all over again in a heart beat. I wish you luck! Dawn

Moselle
on 3/2/13 10:59 pm - Athens, Canada

Sounds like you are getting off to a rough start. Sorry to hear that you have a leak but the good thing is that you found it early and you are in the best place to get it fixed. 

I hope that they repair the leak soon and that you are then released to go home with your feet firmly planted on the road to recovery.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I`m sending healing vibes your way.

Stay strong, it will get better as soon as they repair the leak.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Patm
on 3/2/13 11:07 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I hope they find the problem sooner than later. It is har4d missing your children. Hope you can keep up your spirits. Good luck

P_Floyd
on 3/2/13 11:14 pm - Canada

I know how you feel. Literally. I leaked too and after a second surgery the same day, a couple of days in the IC unit I started to turn around. I am guessing they want the leak to stop on it's own and your body to bring your hemoglobin up. The racing heart is tachycardia and should return to normal once your blood has stabilized and gets back to normal. I was in for a week and at the end I could stand it no more. Getting home was the best medicine for me once things turned around. So I know first hand just how you feel and what you are going through. Hang in there!

The surgery is done so there is no use in worrying if it was the right decision or not. That's just wasting time and energy on something you can't change. Focus on getting well and getting home. Work on staying positive, resting and healing. This will get you home and with your daughter sooner than anything else.

That first night home, in your own bed with your own stuff around you and most importantly, your loved ones close at hand will be one of the best moments you will experience in a long time. You won't be comfortable, there will be pain and most things will be difficult to do, but home sweet home it is and that's going to make a big difference.

Hang in there, stay positive and things will even out. When you're a year down the road, much less weight on and active, you will be glad of the experience and the trials will have made you an even stronger person than you are now. You can do it, even when the going gets rough. You can do it!

Get well soon. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

aidan
on 3/3/13 5:38 am - Canada
Your reply has really helped me thanks. I keep rereading it again and again.

JJ_
on 3/2/13 11:18 pm

Oh wow!  At least you are in the right location to be monitored and have another surgery to fix the leak.

Judy

Most Active
Recent Topics