Why is everyone picking on me - The truth

Lynn C
on 1/13/11 4:46 am
Ever heard that saying "its not all about you"? Well, its not.....if you have your band or have your band surgery scheduled and you're jumping up and down for joy, coasting through band life happy as a pig in **** then guess what........I'm happy for you!! I sprinkle rainbows and butterflies on you and wish you the best.....go, live, be happy, fruitful and lose.

Block me, do what you must to keep your sanity. IF you ever need info on revisions in the future you can unblock me then - I don't mind, I won't hold it against you.

I post the information that I post - scientific studies, blogs from prominent surgeons and my own real life experience for those who are on the fence or researching. I post so that anyone who wants the see the down side not portrayed by newbies gets a fair shake. I post so that those who want a better option know that its out there. If they still decide to get the band - then I hope they do awesome and I will still be here if they don't.

So - get over yourself - its not all about you - its not bashing if its factual. Prove me wrong - I want everyone to succeed! (an yes Bette - you are awesome and I wish every band and bandster got the result that you worked so hard to get!!)

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

coachgrrl
on 1/13/11 4:51 am
 And you know what?...we've heard you...again and again.

If you really want to help, go to the revisions board or perhaps the VSG board because there probably people there who might appreciate your information

Lynn C
on 1/13/11 4:57 am

I visit all of the boards - thats whats nice about a public forum, I can go where the people are looking for the info I have.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Ms Shell
on 1/13/11 5:32 am - Hawthorne, CA
Why should you JUST go to the revisions and VSG boards where there are NEW and POTENTIAL bandsters HERE who might need to see this?

I'm just saying people HERE appreciate her information as well.

MS Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Lynn C
on 1/13/11 5:54 am
MS Shell, you were very helpful to me when I was looking into my revision - THANK YOU!!

Lynn C ~

MARIA F.
on 1/13/11 7:57 am - Athens, GA
On January 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM Pacific Time, coachgrrl wrote:
 And you know what?...we've heard you...again and again.

If you really want to help, go to the revisions board or perhaps the VSG board because there probably people there who might appreciate your information

Why should she go there? There are ppl on the band forum as well who might appriciate the info as well!

FormerlyFluffy.com

coachgrrl
on 1/13/11 5:06 am
 While it's true that it's a public board ..it feels like it's more of an inability to move on.  You did well with the band and then had problems.  Had revision surgery and are now doing well again (I hope)

I guess I just don't get the whole NEED to troll this board.  To scare newbies and be negative.  I think  and hope everyone does the homework before getting any kind of surgery.  

Lynn C
on 1/13/11 5:13 am
based on the PMs I get after a big thread - I would say that is not always the case. If the information I provides scares you then you didn't do enough research (point in case). 

Nope - I don't need to help and support people, I do it out of the goodness of my heart and some of the posts from people with problems are just so heart breaking that if I can help to prevent even one episode of misery then its worth it.

Lynn C ~

Lynn C
on 1/13/11 6:44 am
love it when people can't back up their claims and then block me so I look like I'm talking to myself

Lynn C ~

Phyllis C.
on 1/13/11 5:36 am
On January 13, 2011 at 1:06 PM Pacific Time, coachgrrl wrote:
 While it's true that it's a public board ..it feels like it's more of an inability to move on.  You did well with the band and then had problems.  Had revision surgery and are now doing well again (I hope)

I guess I just don't get the whole NEED to troll this board.  To scare newbies and be negative.  I think  and hope everyone does the homework before getting any kind of surgery.  

How in the hell are people going to do their homework if they are only hearing one side of the story???  Do you actually think that surgeons are anywhere near as knowledgeable about the band than the folks who are actually living with them?  They are business men.  The band is a product, insurance currently covers it.  They are going to do it even if they know it probably isn't going to work.  More money for them when they have to take it out or revise you to another surgery.

Lynn doesn't have to troll this board and neither do I.  I come here because I am sick and tired of seeing band friends from the past suffering the consequences of the band.   Not everyone can get a revision through their insurance and are stuck with something in their bodies that is making them miserable.

We are not trying to scare newbies, just trying to warn of the possible consequences.  Everyone wants to be one of the lucky ones.   I don't care what anybody says about following the rules and everything will be honky dory.  It just isn't so. 

It is positive
if someone is persuaded to not get the band and to get a surgery that will actually work for them.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

Most Active