Why is everyone picking on me - The truth

Lynn C
on 1/13/11 5:50 am
a girl after my own heart - you are awesome!!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

MARIA F.
on 1/13/11 8:04 am - Athens, GA
On January 13, 2011 at 1:06 PM Pacific Time, coachgrrl wrote:
 While it's true that it's a public board ..it feels like it's more of an inability to move on.  You did well with the band and then had problems.  Had revision surgery and are now doing well again (I hope)

I guess I just don't get the whole NEED to troll this board.  To scare newbies and be negative.  I think  and hope everyone does the homework before getting any kind of surgery.  

If there was nothing scary in the stats then there would be nothing for newbies to be scared of!

I for one was scared as hell after I got my band and started coming onto the band forum and started seeing ppl posting everyday with slips/port problems/leaks! Plus all the other post from ppl that didn't lose or didn't lose any significant amount of weight. So yes...............newbies SHOULD be scared!

FormerlyFluffy.com

psychomom
on 1/13/11 6:03 am - China Grove, NC
The sleeve ppl reeeaaallllly like us over here on the band board. They are always here.LOL  I cannot understand WHY....I have NEVER been on the sleeve board.....b/c I DO NOT have a sleeve!

Lynn C
on 1/13/11 6:13 am

Yup, after a band fails the sleeve is a great option. I know, 5 years with the band.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Ms Shell
on 1/13/11 6:39 am, edited 1/13/11 6:41 am - Hawthorne, CA
I love it over here and was THANKFUL that a "sleeve" person as you put it.  Came over here and asked Dr. Curry a question and OPENED my eyes.  Not that I wasn't part of the Band crew is said..."oh if I get the band THAT won't happen to me because like OTHERS have posted I'll be perfect".

Well the reality IS that the Sleeve IS EVERYTHING the Band is supposed to be about.  Restricting the amount of food you can eat, WITHOUT all the possible complications.

I also frequent the RnY forum, the DS forum, the Revision forum, the Lesbian forum, etc etc.  I also HAVE White friends, Mexican friends and Asian friends.  I have FOUND that there is a lot to be learned from OTHERS unlike myself.

MS Shell 

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

coachgrrl
on 1/13/11 6:10 am
 Yeah I don't get it either.

I guess they have no life after VSG other than to stay on the lapband board

I'm blocking them...

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 6:29 am
blocking them will do no good - but they might be a great support if / when someone who loves their band at the moment, has a complication in the future.

back when many who have had to revise due to complications or failure to lose properly - there wasn't this kind of disclosure of complications.   i think it's a proper thing to put out "here" - you can always choose a different thread to participate in, knowing clearly in the title what will be mentioned.

i think there is value in those post band life participating here still - hell i've had 2 slips & still hang around @ goal for quite a while......but i know what i'm doing on slip #3!

MARIA F.
on 1/13/11 8:08 am - Athens, GA
On January 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM Pacific Time, redbabe08 wrote:
blocking them will do no good - but they might be a great support if / when someone who loves their band at the moment, has a complication in the future.

back when many who have had to revise due to complications or failure to lose properly - there wasn't this kind of disclosure of complications.   i think it's a proper thing to put out "here" - you can always choose a different thread to participate in, knowing clearly in the title what will be mentioned.

i think there is value in those post band life participating here still - hell i've had 2 slips & still hang around @ goal for quite a while......but i know what i'm doing on slip #3!

Thanks for the support. It's nice to know some ppl recognize that those of us that so vocal on this forum are doing it in an effort to educate and help those that might be going through the same thing OR THAT MIGHT IN THE FUTURE!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

sharebear
on 1/13/11 6:32 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
I have a band and I had it this year. I am always searching information. However if I wanted info about a revision I would go to your board to ask it. You are purposally come to this board to offer your bad news and bad attitude towards the band. I didnt see anyone reply to you that was a band person that said "thanks for the information". Yes some banders may want this information and if they do they will come find you. However we like our forum to be helpful and positive to eachother. We dont need to hear how all the bad things, we think enough all on our own. I am glad your revision is working for you and im sad about your experience. However please do not post on our forum about your stuff unless its asked for. What do you think were really thinking when we see someone wit vsg positng about the band. We think why are you giving info here. We will visit you if we need you, otherwise your not really wanted and that makes logical sence. Have a great day!

Lynn C
on 1/13/11 6:43 am, edited 1/13/11 6:43 am
You're still not reading. Revision people find us all on their own, we come here to help those who haven't been banded yet. Not a hard concept.

Lynn C ~

Most Active