What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/12/24 1:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! We made it! I have been up since 2am for absolutely no reason. I wanted to channel my inner-Jen and get out of bed to exercise or be productive, but the inner-Me won and I watched 2 hours of TikTok videos. I got completely sucked into the JoJo Siwa rebrand drama for absolutely no reason. I am a 49 year old woman who never watched Dance Moms, has never listened to her music, and DO NOT CARE, and yet I was scrolling and scrolling and drinking all the tea. Why am I like this?

I am going into the office for a 3rd day this week. One of the departments that I support is having a big event from 1pm - 3pm today and I want to be there. I think I will take the early train in and I might take the early train out, too.

QOTD: Do you still see a post-op nutritionist? I haven't seen her in about 4 or 5 years, and now that my surgeon's practice has closed I don't know where she went. But yesterday I went to a virtual meeting about the services our EAP offers and it turns out they have nutritionist support, so I think I will check it out.

Accountability: I just drank green tea all day again. Except for my protein coffee, no food until about 7pm when I made an egg omelette. I felt okay after I ate, and I didn't have any choking acid overnight but 3 sips of my protein coffee this morning and I can feel the burn again :(

• protein coffee
  • tea tea tea
  • ?? Everything I have feels like a bad idea. Suggestions welcomed.
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 4/12/24 2:04 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! QJB, I have heard cucumbers help. I haven't tried it personally but have had that suggested. I am just so sorry you're having to deal with this!

Not much going on today. I have an appointment with the pain management NP. Just to get a refill basically. That's pretty much all they're worth. My pain levels are really high. My back is extra spicy. I'm also just so exhausted over it. The ablation did absolutely nothing. You could say that I'm really just a big ol grump.

The video of my fidget toy has gotten almost a 1,000 views. Never have had anything go that high. Granted I don't post a lot of videos but still. The creator of the tutorial I based it after should have a nice bomb in sales! I am going to try my hand at some UV resin today by making some dice. We'll see how it turns out and I'll share pics if the look ok.

QOTD: I have seen on twice. That's about it.

B: eggs, sausage, cheese and 4 crackers. Coffee x 2

L: boneless chicken wing bites and probably pretzels

D: we found a chunk of brisket on sale at the grocery store. I'm about to start it in the crockpot!

older pics and a meme.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/12/24 6:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

exciting news on the video

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 4/12/24 2:31 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning menu friends! We made it to Friday Yay!!! I'm on vacation - I was off yesterday and today - because I have a dear friend visiting from San Francisco. We did a day trip to Philly yesterday and walked 17,000 steps. It was a delightful day. All week it's been showing rain so I channeled my inner Jen too and decided well, there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing choices. It sprinkled for about half an hour and that was it! But I was ready with a bag of umbrellas! My friend loved seeing all the historical spots and the South St mosaic and the murals. We capped off the day with a wonderful dinner in Rittenhous Square. This morning she's accompanying me to an hour long cardio dance class. Which might be hilarious or amazing or disastrous, seeing as her typical workouts are solo Peleton rides and yoga! Today we are going to some museums she hasn't gotten to yet.

Q: my nutrition guidance was mostly from Grim. While my program mandated attending 2 sessions, the nut herself was about a size 0 and didn't relate to being obese and the group was full of people asking things like "well but my moms German chocolate cake, when can I eat that after surgery?". Not super useful.

Eats are up in the air - breakfast is likely deli meat and cheese and lunch is downtown and dinner I'm making crab cakes and a salad and a side for the family!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/12/24 5:36 am
RNY on 08/21/12

How could I have taught you anything, when you go from one week to the next with hardly any ham?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/12/24 3:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Friday! We made it to the end of the week! Sorry, my only suggestions for GERD was the telehealth/urgent care option, I'm incredibly lucky that reflux/heartburn is something I have rarely had in my life so I don't have any food ideas! Maybe BRAT? Or Yogurt/Cottage Cheese/creamy things?

BUUUUUSY day today at work and I will be glad when it's over! I have a good mix of fun and errands/chores this weekend. Pedi after work tonight, chores/errands all day tomorrow, dinner with friends to do some planning for our August trip and then I have a new book to chill out and read Sunday. Perfect, right?

QOTD - my program RD was great, she recommended OH my last visit with her pre-op. I saw her for my first 8-9 months post op.

Accountability - when I bought that yummy pistachio cookie, I also picked up one that was an almond croissant cookie, it was considerably smaller than the pistachio one and I had it for an evening snack last night. I have two more from that order but they are both frozen for future me, right next to the GS cookies.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3

pastrami and cheese sandwich

not sure on dinner

frozen L&F yogurt

wine

Pictures today are some from the partial eclipse on Monday, signs of spring, and a very cold clear Sunday photo!

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 4/12/24 5:51 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Big cookie? Phhhhtt. Fenway Park this year is selling a one pound chocolate chip cookie. The original plan was for a one kilogram cookie, but they decided that was too much. I very much want to know what a one pound cookie looks like. And tastes like.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/12/24 6:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

lol, it definitely would be puny in compared to that.

Jen

Emiepie
on 4/12/24 5:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Your weekend sounds like the perfect blend of mandatory and fun, I hope it's a good refresh after a busy week.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 4/12/24 7:52 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Allowing yourself the cookie and freezing the rest for later is a great strategy. Moderation really does work! It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active