Recent Posts

redheadjean
on 1/5/11 9:24 am - Canton, MI
Topic: RE: Surgiversary
Congratulations!  That is fantastic and you look great. 
Jean  
KJWood
on 1/5/11 8:37 am - Bay City, MI
I haven't been around in a while . . you look great and congratulations on your great accomplishment!

Kristy
justjudy
on 1/5/11 7:56 am - Canton, MI
Pat yourself on the back (I bet you actually can now).  You done good! 

Judy

marymazilla
on 1/5/11 5:41 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
congratulations you look and have done fabulous.

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

Jody ***
on 1/5/11 4:49 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Topic: RE: Happy Hump day
Eating ice can be linked with an iron deficiency... you may want to check that out.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/11 9:25 pm - Washington, MI
Topic: Surgiversary
I forgot to post yesterday so I am a day late-- oops!

Yesterday was my one year surgiversary!  I have lost 159 lbs and now weigh 126 lbs.  I am still going strong with my  exercise routine and I feel great!
boxermom
on 1/4/11 7:38 pm - MI
Topic: RE: GHP Panni on 12/13
Kristen,

First of all, I consider this post a RAVE!  I am glad you have been so successful in your weight loss. I did not go to ghp, but to Barix.  And they also do everything there.  Doesn't it feel good to have a flat tummy???  

great post!

BM

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

boxermom
on 1/4/11 7:33 pm - MI
Topic: RE: Happy Hump day
Good Morning Medic,

I can't believe you went shopping already!  Did you go to Meijer? I like shopping early as well. Nothing is picked over, freshly stocked and there are no lines to wait in.  I am drinking ice water. Been craving crushed ice like crazy.

My plans for today are to go to work.  8-5.  Then me and my little one are doing spelling words. My friend suggested spelling out words in sugar with her finger on the table.  I think this is going to be the trick to get her to actually practice.  Then we are reading a book together.

Though I haven't done it lately, its very IMPORTANT to have time set aside each day for YOU.  Or as they say 'me time'.  No, not doing laundry or dishes.  But taking a hot bath, reading a book you like or taking a brisk walk.  I notice if I don't, the stresses of life catch up to me.  I feel run down and depressed.  Don't know if this will help everybody, but I always thought this was good advice for the 'soul' and mental well-being....

have a great day!

BM

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

Medic181986
on 1/4/11 3:49 pm - Coldwater, MI
Topic: Happy Hump day
Can you belive that it is already wed. Wow hard to belive.. Well How is everyone doing this wonderful cold snowy day..
What is everyone drinking..

Lets see just got back from the store.. Grocery shopping an now am getting ready to sleep for a little then move on... with the day. an drinking so good old h2o to keep me going for now.. lol.. Plans for the day for everyone..

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/11 12:12 pm - Wyoming, MI
Topic: GHP Panni on 12/13
Hello all,

I don't post all that often anymore, but I want to shout from the mountaintops - GHP is the most amazing practice I have ever been to.  Lol, its obviously the only WLS practice I have been to, but I don't need to go anywhere else, because they can do anything.  If you are wondering about which surgeon to use for your WLS, Dr. Foote is an amazing surgeon.  He listens, has a great bedside manner, and does amazing work.  He has done my sleeve, my gb removal, and even my panni.  He is not a plastic surgeon, yet I look amazing.  My stomach is FLAT, and is getting smaller every day as the swelling goes down. 

I came here and asked about using them for plastics, and someone commented that Todd (a PA for one of the other surgeons) said that their patients end up looking like footballs - not here!  I look like an hourglass!  I got lucky and needed a hernia repaired, so my insurance covered everything.  They took off 9-10 lbs of skin/fat, and because of that, I am finally in ONEDERLAND!  I am 2 years out, and I honestly wasn't sure I could get there, but dr. Foote has given me a body I never knew I could have. 

If you need WLS, you are probably going to consider plastics (at least a panni) at some point.  I am so lucky that I have such an amazing surgeon, with a great PA (Randy) to take amazing care of me.  I went in for a simple panni, and came out with something much closer to an extended TT.  Dr. Foote actually took an extra hour in the OR to perfect my stomach - and I love him for it.

I realize that this rant doesn't have much of a point, other than GHP is awesome!!
I am healing at an okay pace, definitely not as quickly as I expected, then again, I asked for him to make it as flat as possible, so he "knew it would be okay to be more aggressive", lol.  I have had no complications, the drains were much more painful than I expected, but I got one of them out early (another reason to love Randy - he saw me in 45 minutes notice to take it out when it stopped functioning and was just a pain in the side) at least.  I am down to 194, and at 5'9", my goal has always been 190.  Now that I am so close to 190, I am thinking of bumping it down to 175.  It has been frustrating that I can't work out, but I will be able to soon (in 3-4 weeks).  Its been nice, because this whole proces has kicked me back into a diet that is closer to my 6 mo post-sleeve diet - and I have lost a total of 25 lbs since October (so 15lbs of that was all hard work!)   I am back to Unjury for breakfast, and I eat probably 400 fewer calories a day than I did before the panni.  I just hope I can keep it up! (or down, lol!)

I dunno.  I guess I just wanted to share my panni story, since it is kind of different, and I want to encourage anyone that has the option to get a free panni (for whatever reason you can come up w/ : skin, hernia, back pain, whatever) from dr. Foote to go for it!  He will exceed your wildest dreams - he certainly exceeded mine!

Have a great day! Thanks for listening to this rant :o )
Most Active
Recent Topics