Recent Posts

hannahg22
on 8/30/17 6:26 am
VSG on 08/15/17
Topic: RE: Plastics in MI? Who did you use? Recommendations?

My mom had the Lap Band back in 06' she then had a TT preformed by Dr DiNick. He is fantastic, I have met him and was there throughout my moms procedure. He's a wonderful surgeon and a nice person over all.

hannahg22
on 8/30/17 6:21 am
VSG on 08/15/17
Topic: RE: Ypsilanti Warrenton Bariatric

I am a patient of Dr. Taylor!

Jody ***
on 6/16/17 9:09 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Topic: Cleaning out my protein powders

I had surgery back in 2008 and I no longer drink protein supplements. I have a LOT of left over powder of all flavors. Off the top of my head: chocolate, vanilla, unflavored, cinnamon, banana, orange, grapefruit... I buy only Isolate whey protein (mostly). Syntrax, GNC, etc. very low carb. The cinnamon and banana are "dessert" proteins and have higher carbs (mix those in smoothies).

I'm in the Brighton/Howell area - and I don't want to "throw it away" if someone can use it - and if you don't get weirded out by it already being opened.

Only thing I ask is you take it all. I really need it gone soon - Tues is garbage day.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

AngAng
on 5/25/17 12:10 pm
Topic: Ypsilanti Warrenton Bariatric

Anyone here under Dr. Taylor's care, or going to the Barix Clinic in Ypsi??

AngAng

Revision Lap Band to RNY Approved 5/10/17 Surgery Date 6/6/2017

Lpnshelly40
on 5/24/17 3:31 pm
Topic: RE: Grand Health Partners/pre-op food

Hi there. I am having gastric sleeve surgery June 27. Do you still have any of Grand Health food for sale?

Deanna798
on 2/10/17 5:05 pm
RNY on 08/04/15
Topic: RE: Peer led support group in Metro Detroit

This meeting is in Livonia tomorrow.  I will be there at 3pm.  I'll check my PMs in the morning. Please PM me if you'd like info on where this meeting is.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Deanna798
on 2/6/17 10:05 am
RNY on 08/04/15
Topic: RE: Peer led support group in Metro Detroit

Next meeting is on February 11th at 3pm.  PM me if you're interested in going.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Deanna798
on 1/18/17 10:06 am
RNY on 08/04/15
Topic: Peer led support group in Metro Detroit

I went to a peer led support group in Livonia this past Saturday.  It was just 4 of us, but it was nice to meet other local people and talk weight loss surgery.  If anyone is in the area and interested, send me a PM and I'll get you the info.  It's being organized through meetup.com.

stacey1273
on 12/30/16 10:06 am - Belleville, MI
Topic: RE: help need a support buddy to help me get back on track

I've had a lot of regain myself.  I would be a great candidate for revision surgery, but lack insurance and can't afford it out of pocket.  I'm 61 lbs under my surgery weight.  But am almost 80lbs heavier than at the lowest I got after surgery.  I just finished college(at 44) so I'm ready to take control over my life again.  I let things get out of control.  I plan on using My fitness Pal, my Fit Bit, measuring tape, and I have a smart scale that links with Fitbit and My fitness pal.  I know it's all useless technology, but I have no one to hold me accountable.  I'm single, no kids, and my family is no help.  I'm going backwards in a health way.  I'm out of breath a lot and don't feel comfortable anymore.  My vitals are good as far as the doctor is concerned, but she says I'm on a bad path that's going to hit me if I don't do something about it, and I know she's right.  Good luck to us.  As you said, We can do it.

Stacey Elliott

Brandi Girl
on 12/25/16 10:18 am
WLS on 10/18/11
Topic: RE: Needing a support buddy

Hello,

I do not live in northern Michigan (although I know the area very well). I am in southeastern Michigan (at least until retirement some day ). I am on the Back on Track forum. Feel free to post there. But I am more than willing to be a support buddy!! Everyone could use a little support time to time. I will try to check back on this Michigan forum to see any more activity. But honestly seldom do due to little activity. Hope you had a good holiday and look forward to hearing from you!

Most Active
Recent Topics