Grand Health Partners/pre-op food

Dawnie 88
on 2/16/10 10:38 am
Hi everyone.

I going through Grand Health Partners for my VSG, and I know I was told to expect to purchase their food for around $250 for the two weeks pre-op and the two weeks after.  Can you share with me what types of foods do you buy from them for pre-op and afterwards.

Thanks in advance..
hopefulaimee
on 2/16/10 10:09 pm - Battle Creek, MI
DS on 06/25/12
They will give you a list to choose from. I know 2 years ago, you got to choose from powdered soup, bars, jello, and shakes. My friend just had surgery last week and was able to choose from actual meals that they provide. She said they were small but actually tasty.

You can go to the Grand Health Partners web site and peek at a store selection form to see what they all have available. It is quite different from what i had to choose from believe me...

I actually had most of my food left because I didn't like it too well. I lived on sf jello and vegetarian chili for the 2 weeks before hand. I didn't tell them that tho....heehee...i lost about 15 pounds during that period....

Good luck to you...you will be so happy that you choose Dr. K along with the sleeve....

~Aimee~
    5'6"
"
HW-307, SW-286, LW-185, CW-226.5

MooHoo
on 2/20/10 11:17 am - MI

Here are a few of my favorite items from pre-op/post-op: hot chocolate ( I still drink this a few times a week with a little SF hazelnut CoffeeMate added), caramel crunch bars (I still eat these too), apple cinnamon cereal, lemon bars, strawberry kiwi shaker drink, and the chicken soup, both with and without pasta.  Of the pre-packaged meals, my favorites were the beef stew, spaghetti and meatballs, and the turkey chili.  Post-surgery, I didn't tolerate the packaged shakes as well, so I ended up using the Unjury protein quite a bit -- strawberry sorbet (mixed with Minute Maid SF lemonade) and vanilla (mixed with orange vitamin water 10).  

If you can buy GHP's sample pack so you can try a few things prior to having to pick out your food, that should give you a better idea of your tastes.  Just be aware that your taste can change after surgery.  I ended up not liking the protein pretzels and a few other things afterward.  My husband couldn't tolerate the smell of any of the protein powders once he was a couple weeks out. 

My sister is having WLS in a couple months, so I passed all of our leftovers on to her to try.

JEN_42080
on 2/22/10 12:18 am
Hello.

I just had surgery on feb 8th and I have tons of food left.  If you are interested you can take a look at it and see if you want any. It will save you tons of money.  I work in Ionia so we can meet up there.

Jen
Lpnshelly40
on 5/24/17 3:31 pm

Hi there. I am having gastric sleeve surgery June 27. Do you still have any of Grand Health food for sale?

Beth N.
on 2/23/10 7:33 am - Grandville, MI
i just started my first day of the pre op diet. its broken down into breakfast lunch dinner food . and then snack food and protein drinks. i did not like the apple cinamon oatmeal to powdery .i like the soup and the dinners seem good.the nutitionist is right there with you picking it out you can buy sample bag has a variety to try.post op i havent picked out yet but its quite a selection of liquid drinks.i have the list of pre op and post op if there is any thing you really wanted to know bout.BETH

Most Active
Recent Topics