Is it normal to get very exhausted two weeks or from surgery? What can I do to combat this...

Savannah Davis
on 6/18/14 5:15 am

I am staying to all of a sudden vet very tired. I am only two weeks out post op from having the sleeve and ask of a sudden I seem to be getting tired very easily and this did not happen before today. What can I do to combat this exhaustion? 

hollyhoosier
on 6/23/14 1:54 pm

Savannah, I experienced that also. I started drinking a protein shake as soon as I woke up. Are you getting enough protein? Hope you're doing better.

Savannah Davis
on 6/24/14 2:20 am

I am getting all my protein in one way or another. I have good days and bad days. I don't know though. I am also at a stall now with the weight loss, since I started the puree part of the diet. Is that normal?

mhernandez0502
on 6/27/14 1:48 am
VSG on 06/16/14

Hi Savannah, I will be 2 weeks post on Monday. I began noticing the exhaustion you are talking about. I keep thinking that it could be the lack of protein. I eat but I don't think I am consuming the total amount. I also returned the work and school the following week of surgery so I don't know if I am putting too much stress on my body or if it's just the lack of protein and vitamins. I will start walking on Monday to see if that gives me a boost.

HW 253  SW 249.2 GW 150    SLEEVEDGAL2014

Savannah Davis
on 6/27/14 2:21 am

I know I am consuming the amount needed for the protein. I add a non flavored protein powder to my puree foods, I just started the Puree faze, as well as I have some protein drinks that I was able to get from the Vitamin shop that my surgeon okayed before I started using them since I have issues with the protein shakes. I can't seem to keep those down and they make me sick to my stomach. I still have the exhaustion and it gets worse as the day goes on and I am almost 1 month post op. I don't know though. I guess it could be normal sinceI am following the rules but you never know. I think I will talk to my surgeon about it at my next appointment.

I am trying to exercise but with work and young kids it is hard to find the time so I am looking into getting one of those exercise bikes so I will be able to do it at home with the kids there and of course I won't walk around my neighborhood due to it not being the best place to walk around by yourself.

Thanks for the reply and good luck on your journey!

mhernandez0502
on 6/27/14 2:38 am
VSG on 06/16/14

Definitely talk to your surgeon!  As far as the exercise I can related 100 % as I have small children, work and go to school. It's not easy. Thought of doing the same thing and start slight workouts at home. Good luck to you as well! If you don't mind me asking, how much have you lost so far?

Savannah Davis
on 6/27/14 3:06 am

No I don't mind you asking. That is what we are all here for isn't it?
I am about 40lbs down. Starting weight was 296 and now I am at 252.6.

I wish there was someone in my area that I could work out with or walk with but it is hard to find others that want to do the same thing as you.

mhernandez0502
on 6/30/14 1:35 am
VSG on 06/16/14

Florida are correct?  If so, where exactly?

mhernandez0502
on 6/30/14 1:39 am
VSG on 06/16/14

Never mind. I think you are in Texas correct?

Savannah Davis
on 6/30/14 1:48 am

Yes, I am in Texas. Have been all my life. Have never left the state unfortunately. Though I wish I could.

Most Active