What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/25/24 2:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning gang! I got Wordle on the 3rd try, Connections on the first try, and my OH meme uploaded on the first try. And as a bonus, I have leftover spicy steak in the fridge from last night's dinner. Today is going to be incredible!

My classes this weekend were really fun. I don't want to teach 3 classes in 8 days while working full time again though. I could really use a day off to lay around and watch bad tv :) We're hosting a big crowd for Easter though, so one more weekend to get through.

QOTD: Do you like to drive? I am grateful that I have the ability to drive and be independent, but I honestly hate driving. At first I just stopped liking long drives, but now I don't even like driving for small errands. I really hope that self driving cars are affordable and abundant by the time I retire :)

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • leftover spicy steak
  • snap peas & cutie
  • Korean chicken dumplings
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 3/25/24 3:40 am, edited 3/24/24 8:41 pm - Warren, OH

I do believe self driving cars will be available for everyone in the future. But I also played the Jetsons. I expected they have flying cars by now.

I do not like long trips anymore and take a plane. My sister and I plan not to drive at all in Ireland. Too many Americans have accidents there because of driving on the other side of the road.

it is ok when you were going straight but people get confused when making turns and end up in the wrong lane, in Ireland all transportation is free for senior citizens. We don?t plan to buy a car there and use rideshare when needed.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 3/25/24 4:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Do you have a timeline for this move, yet? So exciting!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 3/25/24 4:37 am - Warren, OH

No timeline but later this year or next year. It is the yellow house. There is a long strip of overgrown land behind the house. We plan to fix that up and make a pretty garden and backyard. Instead of lawnmowers we plan to get some goats to keep the grass cut down.

The lawyer in Ireland has completed the sale of the house and mailed the deed. I am working with the Irish government on my Irish passport.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/25/24 5:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

How exciting! Will you still be able to do your tax gig from there or will you officially retire?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 3/25/24 5:47 am - Warren, OH

Have to be In US to work for TurboTax Officially retire.

Mkess
on 3/25/24 7:30 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I'm excited for your time in Ireland.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

White Dove
on 3/25/24 2:17 pm - Warren, OH

Thanks Matt,

I will be 76 next month and inside still feel young and adventurous. My actual body has some other ideas, but I am determined to stay as healthy and independent as possible. I believe it is important to plan new adventures and activities. I hurt my back when I had a bad landing jumping out of a plane when I was 67. I suffer a bit for that every day but it was still worth the thrill of doing it.

Mkess
on 3/26/24 12:00 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

I want to be you when I grow up. I'm 44 but my mind feels like 22. I put strong value on being active, adventurous, trying new experiences, activities, spontaneity, staying in the present, and constantly learning.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Teenie
on 3/25/24 7:52 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

So Exciting for you. I hope things come together quickly and you can really enjoy your time abroad. I know my friend who moved to Costa Rica has 0 regrets. I have to retire before I make that decision. I got 8 years to work on it so no hurry just yet.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics