Recent Posts

TierraMoone
on 4/21/21 6:55 am
Topic: RE: RNY 2007, protein drink

I like Premier Protein shakes and also Unjury Protein. They are high in protein and taste good. Congratulations on your longterm weight loss success!

sue9999
on 4/20/21 8:05 pm
RNY on 02/08/21
Topic: RE: pre surgery opt out?

I ultimately had the surgery, but did not decide until 2 months before I actually had it. The reason I was told I needed roux eh y was of an incidental finding of stage 3-4 NASH which is advanced liver disease. Plus I had Garrett's esophagus which is precancerous. So I switched to a Lego diet and practiced intermittent fasting. I lost about 35 pounds and thought I was doing good. Then I had a follow-up liver scan which showed no measureable improvement in my liver. After finding a study that compared Roux enough Y with extreme lifestyle changes which showed that, after 1 year, those who had RNY had significant improvement in NASH markers but no to very little improvements in the lifestyle changes group, I made a decision. I let the bariatric center know that I was going ahead with the surgery. I'm glad I took the time to research, study and ponder what was best for me and don't regret that I could have had it done months earlier. I felt at peace with my decision, though I didn't look forward to having surgery only because it was my third in a year.

The center was very supportive as I went through the prep preparation as an undecided and did not pressure me in any way. You don't say why you're on the fence but I believe you'll know what is right for you.

HW 243 SW 208 GW 125 CW 135

TheWombat
on 4/20/21 1:00 pm
VSG on 06/11/18
Topic: RE: I need a personal grocery shopper!

You said "I can't get the hang of the meal planning either because I am the kind of person that can't figure out what I feel like eating on a daily basis let alone a few days or a week ahead.".

I don't cook, and I don't meal plan. You would think that would be a recipe for disaster, but I've made it work so far. These days there are more healthy low-calorie pre-made meals, but you have to look for them. Here in Ireland there's a company that makes vegan meals. They weren't specifically designed for dieters, but I have found that all of their meals work for me. A half-serving fills me up, is low in calories, and high in protein. With a few of their meals, some veggie burgers, some lentil or bean dish packages, some staples like carrot sticks and hommous, smoothie ingredients, nuts and sultanas for trail mix, and fresh fruit, I'm set for the week. No meal planning, and the closest I come to cooking is heating up something or mixing my own trail mix.

TheWombat
on 4/20/21 12:47 pm
VSG on 06/11/18
Topic: RE: I need a personal grocery shopper!

I had another thought: why not go to the store with a friend who will keep you accountable? You could help each other. Maybe they're on a budget, a diet, or just trying to avoid unhealthy foods. You can both keep each other from buying things that weren't on the list. I think a lot of people could use help like that.

Evelyn K.
on 4/20/21 8:19 am - south plainfield, NJ
Topic: RNY 2007, protein drink

Hello, I'd like to get some ideas on a good protein drink like Protica I used back then. Zero Cal, 30gm protein, fruity flavors, and came in a vial like tube so it didn't take up much room in my pouch. Protica is out of business so it seems. Had surgery back in 2007. All went well. I started at 250, went down to 150, up to 210 after 1 yr. Down to 165 now. Overall very happy I did it.

Stapler
on 4/20/21 6:25 am
Topic: RE: More weight obsessed after weight loss

You are NOT a failure!!! You've come a long way already so take a step back, breathe, and now try to look at the GOOD things that have come from what you've done so far.

If you are sticking to your diet plan and stuck at your current weight, try getting more exercise - that's what worked for me. I don't necessarily mean going to the gym or joining a aerobics class (although those work, too),, I'm simply suggesting that you move more. Go the extra mile, offer to do more chores around the house, go outside and work on your garden or just take a.walk now that the weather is getting warmer, put on some music and dance while you do housework!

Most of all, just give your self & your body a break and know that small changes lead to big rewards. Practice acceptance & patience.

You'll get there!

Teenie
on 4/19/21 5:10 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17
Topic: RE: pre surgery opt out?

I did! I was supposed to get this done May 2015. Thought I'd join weigh****chers and buckle up and make it work. I also was not happy with the surgeon. Finally I wised up and did it two years later. Regret the 2 years I lost. But I did find a Bariatric practice that made me feel comfortable and that made all the difference.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

lmfontana4
on 4/19/21 4:30 pm
RNY on 03/24/21
Topic: RE: 6-7 weeks post - vomiting and nauseous

Do you have your gallbladder? If yes, this could be your problem.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

thethinme
on 4/19/21 1:17 pm - NY
Topic: RE: Can't see Health Tracker GRAPHIC chart

Hi. Sorry for the delay.

It's the graph on health tracker. It's just doesn't show as it did a few years back. For me it makes the tracking kind of unusable and without purpose.

actually it's one of the main reasons I stopped coming to the site. I used to use it everyday.

I've complained before... Hope you can really fix it this time (?) Shouldn't be that difficult for programmers. It should show on Safari, Firefox and Chrome... at least.

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

elliec
on 4/19/21 12:05 pm
Topic: RE: New Here

Thank you so much for responding. Can you speak of your skin surgery?

Most Active