How to deal with running around without food.

mymaluv
on 10/29/11 1:45 am
Hi this is so hard.  What do I do if I am out and about but I have no food.  I don't want to just grab any thing bad to eat. I suppose to start eating  soft foods but the scale has not moved sense Tues.  I am not sure why. But it make me not want to eat soft foods cause I am afraid that the weight loss will stop.  I have tried some cottage cheese, apple sauce, I could eat them just fine.  I just don't know what to do.  I want the weight to come off.  I was happy that I was losing almost 2lbs a day but I was nervous too.  Now I have not lost and I am nervous that I have stretched my pouch.  I was out yesterday for almost six hours I go so hungry.  I did not know what to eat.  Every fast food place has stuff is unhealthy.  I wanted a Wendy's chilli  but was not sure.  I live in GA it is so hot here I cant leave food in my car. Please help

MajorMom
on 10/29/11 1:57 am - VA
Wendy's chili is fine and so is Taco Bell cheesy beans or the insides of a bean burrito.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

mymaluv
on 10/29/11 2:36 am
I thought about Tb ell but I could not come up with any thing.  Someone needs to start making food at a fast food place with just healthy foods choices, fruit. It so crazy that everything at a fast food place is so unhealthy.
MajorMom
on 10/29/11 2:41 am, edited 10/29/11 2:41 am - VA
I would stay away from fruit or most fruits....too much sugar and carbs. I know, I know...our NUTS want us to eat some fruit every day.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/whatfruit.htm

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

melizabeth
on 10/29/11 2:33 am - CA
I never leave the house without a small lunch size ice chest.  I carry extra water, 1/4 c cottage cheese w/peaches 100% natural juices, 1/4 Fage 0% yogurt or string cheese to eat while I'm out.  I also carry in the same little chest my shaker cup filled with ice and water then dump my protein powder in and shake it up when it is time for a protein shake.  Like you, I have been on an errand that took much longer than I expected.  I learned my lesson and travel with my chest everywhere I go.  It's hot here in Southern California too, but put your freezer ice pak in your bag and put it on the floor out of the sun and it stays cold.  I even take my ice chest with me to the gym (leave it in the car) so that when I am through working out I mix my protein drink in the parking lot and drink it on the way home.  If I don't need the food items that I take I just put them in the refrigerator and eat them later in the day at home.  I hope some of these ideas help you.

Elizabeth

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Renee2be
on 10/29/11 3:44 am - NC
I have a 31 picnic bag i carry.  It has liquid lunch embrodiered on the front.  Its thermal so i keep my ice packs, some yougurt, some, cheese sticks, crackers, water etc in there.  I take it to work or whereever.  I have a smaller one that i carry on weekends , just to be sure i have something with me.  The key is to plan, have something easy to grab and go with.
Price S.
on 10/29/11 4:15 am - Mills River, NC
You are probably just in one of the early stalls.  You really didn't think you would continue losing 2 lbs a day, I know.  Don't worry, just stay on plan and you will lose.  You can't much help but lose in the beginning. 

Even now, at a year out, I fequently travel with a little ice chest.  I take cheese stick, yogurt, baby bell cheese, a meat cheese rollup.  At my stage, I can find food just about anywhere, but it isn't always the healthiest.  I CAN the the middle out of a hamburger or sub but would just as soon have my own stuff.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

mymaluv
on 10/29/11 5:53 am
lol, I did sort of but I hoped it would stall later on.  I am going to get me a bag to carry with me from now own. I am going to make a list of the things that I can eat that are soft and helthy and tast good.  See that threre is a lot of sugar in fruit, so I am going to pick fruit that does not have a lot of sugar.
Eliza55
on 10/29/11 10:21 am - PA
Love your new avitar picture, Price.  You sure don't look your age
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/11 4:37 am
 Im  so mad I got ERASED  !!  

OK in the beginning   post WLS  I was so USED   to eaing around the clock and medicating my FEELINGS  with food    I couldnt be without  it ..... i felt NEKKID!!!

my post op stance was very much like my pre op  one .... carry fat free  food " just  in case ".     I always had  access  to fatx free cotage cheese  , fat free cheese , good quality jellybeans  ( jelly bellies )   and fat free  Pringles chips ......

gradually i learned i could SURVIVE   hunger 

VERY gradually i leaned that my LIFE getting better meant I didnt have to eat as MUCH for emotional comfort .

Itwas a VERY gradual  EMOTIONAL  ( not Rational )  learning curve and it took many " tries "   before i " got it "  enoughto feel safe leaving the  house without  a cooler  ( or  extra large purse lol ) of  " acceptable "   food.......

It absolutely amazes me hat  I leave the house these days withot snacks and dont head to the nearest bakery for a loaf of bread lol ....

Life has TRULY  changed .
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 490 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views