Dreaming I'll fail!!!!

purduebaby12
on 4/11/17 10:35 am

So the other night I had a dream that after surgery I went to the Doctors office. As I walked in I noticed there were these cute little boutique type chairs, with thin twisted metal rods for legs so I sit down. I can feel (my dream self...lol) the legs starting to give, but I'm too embarrassed to get up, it was like I was melting in to the chair as I sat there I was thinking "I cant even eat a whole bowl of pho and I'm still fat!!!". The other patients began to see I was dropping in the chair then BANG I hit the floor. I woke up kinda sad because what if I don't/can't {insert doubt here} but not really as, I'm 265lb and was at least 283 at my heaviest and have never broken a chair...it's my mind playing tricks on me!!!!

robotfish1911
on 4/11/17 10:48 am
VSG on 11/10/16

You're obviously in it to win it, if you're dreaming about it.

You're going to do great, and be so happy as you see progress.

Not hitting on you, but you're smokin' btw.

Best of luck in your journey. We're all rooting (did I spell that right?) for each other.

M/34/5'10"

HW 293 CW 180

purduebaby12
on 4/11/17 11:20 am

THANK YOU!!

White Dove
on 4/11/17 10:54 am - Warren, OH

My surgeon's office has really large bariatric chairs. At one of our group meetings, I suggested setting a goal that at that time next year, two of us would fit easily into those chairs. It worked.

Your dreams are part of your unconscious mind. You can't control them, but you can fill your unconscious mind with positive thoughts and goals. Whatever you truly believe can happen will happen.

There is an old saying, "If you think you can or you think you can't, you are right".

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

purduebaby12
on 4/11/17 11:21 am

You are so right!!!!

diane S.
on 4/11/17 11:21 am

Well I have had dreams about eating whipped cream and all sorts of terrible stuff. Then I wake up and feel relieved that I didn't really eat the junk.

After my surgery (I was a vmi 42) they wheeled me to the door in this enormous bariatric wheel chair that was about as wide as a sofa. Made me feel thinner already!

I think lots of us have weird dreams about this stuff. GL. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

purduebaby12
on 4/11/17 11:26 am

Good to know I'm normal!!

robotfish1911
on 4/11/17 11:45 am
VSG on 11/10/16

Before surgery, I had dreams that I fell off the wagon and started smoking again!

CC C.
on 4/11/17 12:09 pm

I had all sorts of bad dreams that I ate things I shouldn't and blew out all my staples. Oh and one that I was doing great on my home scale, but the doctor's scale showed I gained weight. Brains are weird!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/11/17 12:21 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Man, youre dream had two terrible things in it... The fear of breaking chair, and the fact that we cannot eat a full bowl of pho anymore!

I have broken chairs... i went to a friends birthday party and myself and some other kids were up in her room hanging out and I sat on the edge of the bed and it broke. It collapsed. I was absolutely HUMILIATED. I wouldnt sit on a bed outside of my own EVER. Not through college. Not EVER. I actually talked with that girl about it within the last few years, brought it up while catching up... she didnt even remember... I sure do!

The pho? I Love it. I treat myself to pho now every so often... I get it with no noodles, and will drink pretty much the entire broth over the meal with people and eat some meat towards the end, and bring the leftover broth + meat + bean sprouts home (if I'm feelin it). It always makes me gain though... so much salt :(

You'll succeed. If you follow the plan, you will succeed.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views