Celebrate Multivitamin making me throw up...

Bethany1988
on 3/6/13 10:07 pm - MI
VSG on 02/18/13
I had my surgery on 2/18 and just started on my vitamins on Monday. I was taking Centrum chewables and was doing fine... but when I went in for my 2 week check up at my clinic they told me not to take those and to take the celebrate. They make me throw up almost every time! Ugh it is horrible. I tried taking them with food and that doesn't help. Anyone have any ideas to help?

I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. –Christopher Reeves

MuttLover
on 3/6/13 10:19 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

I use Trader Joe's chewable. Just check the ingredients where it tells you what percentage of each vitamin you get, and look for something comparable to the Celebrate.  If they are the same, tell the clinic that the ones you were taking have the same  nutrients and don't make you sick.

By the way, do they sell the Celebrate vitamins at the clinic?  If so, that might also be a reason they want you to buy those.  Especially if you can find other vitamins that are equivalent.

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Bethany1988
on 3/6/13 10:30 pm - MI
VSG on 02/18/13
They do sell them at the clinic. I figured that was why...

I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. –Christopher Reeves

dmhe
on 3/6/13 10:48 pm - TX
Funny how everyone is different. I had a liquid vitamin I could not stomach for the first couple of weeks so my nut told me to take Centrium Silver Chewables. Once I finished those I was able to handle the liquid ones and finished them because I am cheap! Now I love Celebrate Strawberry Pineapple, but I do pan to switch to the Trader Joe ones as soon as I reach goal.

Bethany1988
on 3/7/13 12:29 am - MI
VSG on 02/18/13
I have tge strawberry pineapple ones now. Ugh... they taste ok... my stomach just doesnt like them!

Michele H.
on 3/6/13 11:42 pm - NJ

My nutritionist told me she didn't feel one vitamin was better than another, told me Centrum Chewable was fine, no need to buy special more expensive vitamins.

Michele

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/13 12:02 am - Worcester, MA
VSG on 02/25/13

As long you are meeting the 100% vitamin requirements  you should be fine. I take Centrum Chewable and my doc, and nutritionist says its fine. 

slatond
on 3/7/13 12:28 am, edited 3/7/13 12:28 am

I took Celebrate b4 and after VSG... B4 I had no issues w/ them. BUT after, they made me feel very nauseous. Someone mentioned taking w/ food and that fixed it for me. However, I see where you said taking with food didn't help you. I was considering trying the Trader Joe brand next time as well. I couldn't locate the vitamin label info on-line for the TJ version or I would have done it last time b4 ordering more Celebrate.

If u had luck w/ the Centrum... I'd say go back to that. From other posts lots of people take them.

Jackie T.
on 3/7/13 1:06 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I take one a day vita craves.  They are a gummy.  I have always had problems with vitamins but with these I take one in the morning and one in the evening and am not have any problems.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views