4 Year Anniversary!!

Suzanne B.
on 10/23/12 3:51 am, edited 10/23/12 3:53 am - OR
Hi Everyone, Just a quick note to say that Sunday October 21, 2012 was my 4 year anniversary for having VSG aka the sleeve on October 21, 2008. Dr. Aceves did my sleeve and from there I lost a total of 105 pounds and have kept it off. I can’t begin to tell you how wonderful Dr. Aceves and his entire staff are. They are magnificent, caring, compassionate, kind, and the hospital is the very best you could ever want to have surgery in.  They clean 24-7 at this hospital. When I was there they cleaned my room 3 times a day. I also saw 2 doctors at least 2 times a day while I was there. In my book I feel Dr. Aceves is the finest Weight Loss Surgeon there is out there. I can only speak about my knowledge, but I highly endorse him. You will see that countless people feel the same about him as I do. 

I want you to know that you can have this kind of accomplishment
too! Life has changed so much for me. I am 67 years old now and I do things that I would have never done before. If you are the person who is sitting out there reading all these posts and you can’t make up your mind PLEASE step up and do something to change YOUR life. My
only regret is that I should have done it sooner. 

I could make a very long list of the things that have changed in my life. I think the 1st thing is for the first time in a long time my health is superior, and 4 years ago I couldn’t say that. My primary care physician said I have set a great example for “older" people. He knows I went to Mexicali, Mexico and is so very supportive of what I have done.  He has asked me if I would be willing to talk with some of his patients and explain what I have done to change my life, and I just may do this. I don’t care what your age is, please consider having weight loss surgery, it will save your life, change your life, and all for the better.

I have set some goals for myself. I was the person who HATED to exercise. Now I am the person who wants to exercise. My first goal was to walk EVERY DAY for 30 days and not to miss one day. I completed that goal 10 days ago and today I hit my goal of walking 40
days in a row NOT missing one day. My next goal is to walk 60 days in a row and not miss a day. I walk in the sun, wind or rain, because I can and it feels good—something I NEVER would have said 5 years ago. I walk on an average 3 to 4 miles a day. 5 years ago I was lucky to
walk around the block 3 times a week.

If you have any questions or I can help you with anything, please contact me. You can send me a private E-mail to: [email protected]
or contact me on this site. I am here to help you, support you, cheer you on, or just talk about what you need help with. You can have this kind of success too! It feels so very good!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Sleeved 10/21/2008

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MuttLover
on 10/23/12 4:05 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Congrats on your on-going success!  And thanks a million for posting. I'm in my mid-50s and find the posts from people in my age range very inspirational.  I have my final surgeon's appt. on Friday, and posts like yours help reinforce that this is the right decision for me!

Suzanne B.
on 10/23/12 6:04 am - OR
Hi,

You are so kind, and thanks, I wish you great success and I used to sit out there and read all these posts too.  When you get closer to having surgery, I am always here if you have any questions.  I know I had 100's of questions and had some great help from the people on these boards.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Tillie123
on 10/23/12 9:16 am
Do you have your surgery date yet?  Mine is Nov 7... coming up!  Good luck to you!  Exciting changes ahead!!!  :)
TSinNC
on 10/23/12 4:25 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Wonderful! Congrats on your continued success!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Suzanne B.
on 10/23/12 6:05 am - OR
On October 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM Pacific Time, TSinNC wrote:
 Wonderful! Congrats on your continued success!
Hi,

Thanks so much.  It is a life changing journey.  And it was worth everything it took to get here.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
OctoberRosie
on 10/23/12 4:27 am - Canada
 Congratulation, it is nice to hear from somebody who is doind so well after 4 years.

Thanks for the feed back.

VSG Surgey on October 6, 2012

Suzanne B.
on 10/23/12 6:07 am - OR
On October 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM Pacific Time, OctoberRosie wrote:
 Congratulation, it is nice to hear from somebody who is doind so well after 4 years.

Thanks for the feed back.
Hi,

You are very welcome.  I just want people to know that it does work and it does require work and effort on your part.  It is NOT about being on a diet, but making a lifestyle change that you can life with forever.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Tillie123
on 10/23/12 9:18 am
Thank you for posting!  So happy to hear a wonderful success story from somebody who is four years out!  Congratulations!!  My surgery date is November 7, 2012.  Looking forward to good changes!, but a bit uneasy... Eeeeek!   :)
Suzanne B.
on 10/23/12 3:05 pm - OR
On October 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM Pacific Time, Tillie123 wrote:
Thank you for posting!  So happy to hear a wonderful success story from somebody who is four years out!  Congratulations!!  My surgery date is November 7, 2012.  Looking forward to good changes!, but a bit uneasy... Eeeeek!   :)
Hi,

Thanks, for the nice words.  Your surgery day is getting closer.  I want you to know it is very normal to have a bag full of feeling and emotions the closer you get towards your surgery.  You can be happy, sad, scared, excited, 2ND guess yourself, not sure if you are doing the right thing, can't wait to have the surgery, plus a whole lot more.  This is so very normal.  I wish you nothing but success, and I want you to know I am right here if you want or need anything.  I will answer any questions that you might have too.

Hugs, and you go girl!
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views