Gravity ball / sucker punch

slatond
on 7/27/12 12:16 am
I am 9 wks out. Been working out for abt 4wks and my trainer used a gravity ball last night for me to lay my stomach on and do leg lifts. Didn't feel good when I did it.... brought me to tears! Now I feel like I have been sucker punched in the stomach.

So honesty, I am a little scared 2day since it still hurts so. Should I be "gentle" and do liquids today so my stomach can recover? Rest? or Walk/Exercise it out?

Any advice and help appreciated!
slimpickins5280
on 7/27/12 12:32 am - CO
A lot of people don't understand (I'm one of them) that they need to ASK for modifications to their workouts. If something hurts - stop doing it - immediately. What good does it do to hurt yourself?

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! Is it your stomach that hurts or your stomach muscles? What food you eat might or might not make a difference.

Call your doctor and ask him what would be best to do.

Side note: I'm mostly saying this to myself right now because I had my neck wrenched in Karate last week and I had to see the Chiro twice and get a massge because of it. I'm still not close to 100%. I knew I shouldn't take part in the thing we were doing at karate, but I did it anyway. I wish I would have said, no can't do it and gone and done some kicks or punched on the wavemaster instead.

Now, I'm struggling through and trying to get better.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Shagdoll
on 7/27/12 1:59 am
Have you spoken to your surgeon/doctor as to when you are cleared for exercise other than walking? Actually I think I was cleared at 6 weeks but I wasn't ready to do anything but walk. Just take it easy if you can since your sleeve is still healing. You are probably using some ab muscles when you use the gravity ball. Take care!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views