This and that, an update... some tidbits

Lucile777
on 8/14/19 7:17 pm

October 27th of this year will be 2 years post op (so 22 months post op right now). My starting weight was 285. my surgery weight was 270. Lowest weight was 161. I'm currently 180 pounds. I have fallen back into old habits. Bad foods that once made me feel sick and made me vomit, no longer do so. I have to get back to basics. This is no easy fix and I'm worried about major regain. Luckily, I still feel restriction. I used to dump here and there, but definitely not regularly. But your body gets used to sugars and bad foods and doesn't react as violently (if at all) over time. Soft serve ice cream from dairy queen makes me feel really sick and I tend to vomit it up. Chips and popcorn are just so so easy to eat and don't make me feel sick anymore. Chocolate sometimes makes me feel sick but other times just slides down my pouch without a problem. Cookies are so easy to eat. Be careful! I used to vomit up bad foods, but that doesn't happen as frequently. Pizza, french fries, and breads are very difficult to eat, because they get stuck, but croissants aren't... so weird. Naans and Indian food (roti) are difficult to eat. Pasta is easy to eat but feels horrible and I want to vomit. I still drink 1 premier protein shake a day. I still try to drink a lot of water and I drink a lot of decaff coffee. I have sabotaged myself and must forgive myself. I do know that my pouch is still working. I feel tired and I hate that. I just wanted to share to let people know that this is not a miracle cure. I'm grateful for it because I can actually move now and cross my legs, but that weight will slide up on your set real fast if you're not careful. Good luck everyone and God bless. Here's to going back to basics!!

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/19 7:42 pm

Hugs n encouragement ...

Lucile777
on 8/15/19 5:48 pm

Thank you so much :)

ladygodiva1228
on 8/15/19 1:38 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Good for you for realizing what has caused the regain and taking the steps to correct. You're right it's not easy, but you were given a tool and you know it still works.

My only concern for you is that you feel tired. How is your ferritin level? Have you been getting full blood work done regularly?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Lucile777
on 8/15/19 5:49 pm

I will have that checked. Thanks ;)

momyshaver
on 8/15/19 4:16 am
VSG on 06/28/17

My situation is somewhat different but very similar in that I have allowed foods back in that I know will make me sick and not feel well and it quickly becomes a bad cycle. Whatever my excuses are, that is all they are...excuses. You are in the right place and it sounds like you know what you need to do. Today is fresh. Make it count and know we are here for you.

Lucile777
on 8/15/19 5:50 pm

Thank you and good luck on your journey as well :)

Partlypollyanna
on 8/15/19 5:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hi Lucille! I'm 18 months out so a bit behind you but not by much. You seem to have really tried all the things to see what works and doesn't work with your new system. The good news is it sounds like you have a deep foundation of "not to dos".

Did your program have any head work, particularly about head hunger? I spend a lot of time on that still, and imagine I always will, what my brain wants is not the same as what my body needs!

I would definitely recommend you put together a plan for specific things you are going to do to get back on track...SMART goals at home work just as well as they do at work I find!

good luck with refocusing, come join us in the menu thread and you'll be removing that FML from your signature line in no time!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lucile777
on 8/15/19 5:51 pm

Thank you. I will check out the thread.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/15/19 8:04 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Have you considered working with a therapist to address your emotional relationship with food? It sounds like you KNOW, deep down, that you shouldn't be eating "bad foods," yet you do it anyway. A therapist can help you work to modify your behavior and hopefully prevent your self-sabotage.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics