This and that, an update... some tidbits

Lucile777
on 8/15/19 5:51 pm

I have. Just haven't done it yet. Thank you for the reminder, though.

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/19 9:08 am

When I want to b skinny 4 a project I make exercise first thing in the morning my priority . Doesn't have to involve a gym ... my choice is usually walking ( n chatting ) w an amusing companion if possible ... or free radio n wireless headphones if not . Please buy good sneakers ! Don't get hurt :)

Lucile777
on 8/15/19 5:52 pm

lol. Will do and thank you.

White Dove
on 8/15/19 9:32 am - Warren, OH

Ditch the protein shake and substitute dense protein. The shake just makes it easy to take in calories when you cannot get enough from food.

To keep off the weight long term, you need to give up anything containing flour, sugar, cereal, corn, potatoes and rice. Eat only meat, fish, poultry, low carb veggies and a limited amount of fruit. Also dairy if you can tolerate it.

You have done the easy part and now are working on the hard part Losing is easy, keeping it off is hard.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lucile777
on 8/15/19 5:53 pm

The problem is I'm not getting enough from food due to my bad choices. Thanks and keeping it off is definitely hard. You've done very well and good for you!

ladygodiva1228
on 8/16/19 11:33 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On August 16, 2019 at 12:53 AM Pacific Time, Lucile777 wrote:

The problem is I'm not getting enough from food due to my bad choices. Thanks and keeping it off is definitely hard. You've done very well and good for you!

I'm going to stop you right there. "The problem is I'm not getting enough from food due to my bad choices" That is just an excuse. At your point post-op if you don't getting eating the dense proteins and rely on shakes mostly for your protein while still eating junk foods your regain is going to start moving much more quickly.

At 3 years out after my revision I got lazy, lax, and was eating stuff I knew I shouldn't be, but did anyways. I regained 30lbs. A month and a half ago I got mad at myself for not using my tool I was given (which still works perfectly) . So I cleaned my entire kitchen out of any type of carby, sugary foods. Stocked up on different proteins beef, fish, chicken, pork, cheese (full fat), greek yogurt. etc. I write down what I eat and how much of it. I drink 120oz or more of water and only have 1 coffee in the morning with a little cream. I can proudly say as of yesterday morning I have 4.5lbs left of my regain to lose. That will put me 25lbs away from my ultimate goal. Some days are a struggle, but I just keep my eye on the prize.

You really have to work and make the changes that you know are needed. If you have to find a therapist then do it. If you have to clean out your kitchen then do it. I'm not a fan of Nike, but their catch phrase of "Just do it" is perfect.

Start posting on the menu threads.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Lucile777
on 8/16/19 1:19 pm

Thank you for the advice, your candor, and for sharing your story. much appreciated.

NHPOD9
on 8/15/19 3:59 pm

For me, if I stop eating sugar and simple carbs, I lose my tolerance for them. Try cutting out those foods you have acclimated too for about two weeks, particularly sugar. I think you'll find you are sensitive to them again, which for me is a great deterrent.

Also, I wonder if you feel tired all the time because you are having an insulin response to too many carbs. Try going low carb or keto to see if that helps.

Good luck to you.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Lucile777
on 8/15/19 5:56 pm

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. It says you're fighting regain. How much are we talking?

Most Active
Recent Topics