I'll be 2 years post-op on May 21st..

snowball24life
on 3/13/15 8:40 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

So I will be 2 years post-op this coming May 21st, which means I'm almost 22 months post-op. I've lost 158 pounds, I now weigh 231 from my highest weight of 389 pounds. I wore a 4X-5X and am now into a 1X-2X depending on the brand's . Many of my health issues have resolved, and all of my doctors have stated they are happy where I am weight wise from a health point of view (no longer diabetic, although I suffer from hypoglycemia. I no longer have high blood pressure, or sleep apnea, etc). I've had some bumps along the road (a Peterson Hernia which twisted my bowel, so I had emergency surgery, ulcers, low levels, etc). I'm happy with how far I have come.. 

With that being said, my goal weight is 175. The honeymoon period is long gone for me, and the weight loss has stopped. I bounce between the same 5 pounds, and have so for months. I haven't been on here in MONTHS, and I know that unless I hold myself accountable, I can and will back slide, and I've come WAY to far to do that! So, here I am! I plan on checking in a few times a week for mutual support (we all need it to continue successfully in our journeys!) and plan on being more accountable to myself on what I put in my mouth, as well as working harder to try my best to get to my goal!! Thanks for "listening"!! 

Cathy W.
on 3/13/15 10:35 am

Your honeymoon is over but you can still lose weight and reach your goal.  It will be slower but you can do it.  

Hanging out on the message boards, reading and replying to posts helps me to stay on track.  It really helps me a lot.  On the days that I get busy and don't check in, I don't do nearly as well.  

Check out joining the Back On Track Together OH Group for extra support.  We have a daily post where we share what's up with us and a food accountability part of the thread.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

snowball24life
on 3/13/15 10:42 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Thank you for the heads up! I will take your advice. :) I know losing weight is doable, it's just going to be harder and take more effort. However, I'm up for the challenge! :) 

Needanewbeginning
on 3/14/15 12:33 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Hello surgery twin! You have done very well! Your right our honeymoon is over, but our tool still works. I am up and down the same 5 lbs as well, frustrating I know!

Welcome back and stick around, lots of great support here!

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

snowball24life
on 3/14/15 4:28 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Thank you! Looks like you've done very well yourself!! :) I plan on sticking around for years to come! :)

Kathyjs
on 3/14/15 11:46 am

You have done awesome!!! That bring said, you still have your tool. Work the program and you will continue to lose. Maybe measure and weigh food a few days to get perspective , up the exercise, more water .i don't know what honeymoon period is. I feel I worked for every pound I lost. 12 years later I continue to work to maintain. You go girl

seattledeb
on 3/14/15 1:28 pm

There sure is a lot of success in your post. If you don't get to 178 will that feel like a failure to you?

One of the most amazing things to me is that I could have long periods that my weight stayed within 5 pounds. That has never happened in my life. Either the scale is going down or up.

Congratulations on all your success. You are right that staying around here can really help.

Deb T.

Gypsyqueen5
on 3/15/15 2:52 am - Seattle, WA

Bravo to  you!!

SeattleSeagirl

snowball24life
on 3/15/15 3:08 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement! :)

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/15/15 6:06 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Welcome back -- it's nice to have you here.  I hope you stay to celebrate with all of us when reaching your next personal goal!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 58 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 361 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 303 views