36 hours to go.

joshie2645
on 10/26/14 11:40 am - Springdale, AR

Hey everybody,

I have 36 hours before I have my RNY surgery. And I've never been so nervous in my life. Today at work I didn't think about it so much because I had 100,000 things to do and didn't have time to think of anything. Now that I'm at home and thinking about it, I'm nervous. Not scared. But nervous. Just thinking that my life is about to change completely. Nothing will be the same after Tuesday morning. I'm just getting a little emotional right now LOL

ClaudiaW
on 10/26/14 11:48 am - Rockwall, TX

Im 6 days post op here is my advise. bring a travel pillow for you neck. the day with the NG tube isnt fun and it helps being comfy. I needed a fan so my husband went a got a small desk fan. rest sip rest sip/ Good Luck youll do great

RitaL
on 10/26/14 1:01 pm

It's only natural to be nervous but I'm sure your in good hands. I'm scheduled for Nov 10th so I will be looking for your post. 

It is helping me to read others post-op that are within days of their surgery so I kind of know what it will be like and what to expect. 

RitaL

Trouble1391011
on 10/27/14 3:43 am

I am a month post op. I was super nervous before I had my surgery too and it was on a Monday so I didn't have anything other than the normal weekend activities to cause a distraction.  Honestly, I didn't find it that bad.  I don't know what an NG tube is but I know I didn't have one.  The day of surgery and the day after were the worst parts of the whole thing :)  I got my energy back after 2.5 weeks and now I feel great!  Only 3 more weeks and I can get back on to a "normal diet" as the food restrictions will be lifted for the most part (other than the bad foods we shouldn't eat anyway).  Good luck!!!

doingitforme42
on 10/27/14 1:11 pm

I'm having my RNY in the morning as well.  Good luck and hope all goes well. 

Most Active