Lunch Ideas Please

jpm
on 7/29/14 5:01 am

I'm just over 3 months out..I'm on solids and have been for awhile.  I am struggling with lunch.  I pack my lunch each day, but I am getting really tired of string cheese and deli meats..they are starting to taste gross to me.  I don't do well with anything with mayo or Miracle whip (even the light versions) in it.   I can't leave work and the closet place to eat is 17 miles away.  Any idea?  I would like something quick to fix in the mornings if possible.  Oh eggs and I do not get along right now.

Thanks

Jaq

Blackbird1987
on 7/29/14 5:12 am

Cheese and pepperoni or turkey pepperoni
Greek Yogurt and fruit or granola/nuts

I make a lot of stuff in the crockpot and eat it for lunch the next day like pulled BBQ chicken YUM! I just eat it with a fork :) 
veggies and Eggface's high protein greek yogurt dip (It is delicious)  :: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2011/02/oscar-noshing.html

I love Ricotta bakes and have eaten them for lunch and you can even cut up some italian sausage to eat with it to make it even tastier

I will try to come up with some more ideas, I understand your pain though, Eggs and I are not okay right now and eating deli meat day after day gets gross. :D Hope these help! 

Jenn S.
on 7/29/14 5:15 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

I usually pack leftovers from dinner the night before. That can be anything from baked ricotta, chili, chicken, taco's, etc.  Sometimes I throw in a little cottage cheese and a few almonds for snacks.

Robin3174
on 7/29/14 5:42 am - CA
RNY on 02/13/14

I tend to cook on Sunday's so that I'm semi prepared for the whole week. 

One great item is chili.  You can make your own and cheat and stop off at Wendy's and then I portion it out into portions and freeze the rest.

With Lunch meats, I like to take a long Boilded Ham slice, add a couple slices of Red bell pepper, a sliver of a persion cucumber, a small sliver of pepperochini for some zest to it and roll it up.  I take 2 each day one for lunch and the other for snack.

I will cook a large pork butt on a Sunday and shred it up into daily lunch portions.  I also make cuban black beans to add to it and freeze the rest.

Buy the live butter lettuce and use it as cups to hold some chicken salad, taco meat, etc.  I bring the lettuce wrapped in a paper towel in a baggie with the meat in a seperate container.  The lettuce will last in the fridge with the papertowel to soak up moisture to keep it crisp for the whole week.

I will cook up some shrimp scampi for dinner and bring enough left overs for two days. 

Hope some of these work for you.  Good luck.

jpm
on 7/29/14 5:49 am

Hey Jenn~ I see your from Idaho as well. 

I would like to do leftovers but with it just my hubby and I we don't many leftovers, he is one of those guys that is a bottomless pit and does not gain weight. 

It's been kind of weird but after I eat it for one meal it makes me nauseated to eat it again too soon. (totally in my head I think)  I use to eat everything in sight no issues, I could eat something 4 days in a row and now my tummy says no way!. I am thinking about making white beans with ham, but I worry about having gas from them..I could freeze them and take them off an on. 

jpm
on 7/29/14 5:51 am

Thank Everyone - Looks like I am going to have to start doing some cooking again..I just don't seem inspired to cook.  Your ideas will help tons.

Jaq

Gwen M.
on 7/29/14 6:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Cooking makes eating a healthy and varied diet so much easier!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/14 6:02 am

Make some things in the crockpot. Then freeze them in small containers. Crockpots are great for quick meals.The World According to Eggface has some good ideas.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/29/14 8:52 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

^^^^  What she said.  This has been a lifesaver for me.

Some of my favorite crockpot recipes:

Crock Pot Pot Roast with mashed cauliflower

Pork Chili Verde with Vegetarian Refried Beans

Chicken Salsa

I weigh and measure the amounts, put them in these individual containers and then freeze them.  They are perfect for lunch and delicious.

Snack/Lunch Time Dipping with Glad | realmomkitchen.com

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

karenp8
on 7/29/14 6:46 am - Brighton, IL

I too make batches of things and freeze them in small containers. That way I don't get sick of the same food 4 or 5 days in a row.n

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 311 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 281 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 447 views