What is your favorite food in your new post surgery life?

Amy D.
on 5/8/14 8:34 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

Yogurt and Quest bars. Like a PP, I could eat yogurt 3 or 4 times a day! But yeah, the Quest bars are my favorite post WLS discovery. I was JUST thinking yesterday how sad it would have been to never discover the wonderfulness that is Quest if I hadn't had surgery. Worth it just for that!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Blackbird1987
on 5/9/14 12:09 am

I am still trying to eat Quest bars, people rave about them but I think I am too early out maybe? They make my stomach hurt a bit when I eat them, perhaps in another few weeks!

yankeescl
on 5/8/14 9:29 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

I absolutely love the breakfast that I eat every day.  Plain Fage non fat greek yogurt with a sprinkle of ground flax seed, blueberries and 2 Tbl of Bare Naked Fit granola.  I also love fruit.  I used to crave ice cream and now that is gone.  I crave fruit!

Blackbird1987
on 5/9/14 12:10 am

I could not agree more! I crave fruit like you wouldn't believe since the surgery! I love granola in yogurt :) YUM! 

MyLady Heidi
on 5/9/14 12:10 am

I am only in love with one food, or fruit actually, lemons.  It is the only thing I crave every single day.  Nice fresh juicy lemons.  I chop them up in my iced tea and try to drink the tea and water it down all day as long as I can possibly hold off until I take all the lemons out and eat them.  I

Blackbird1987
on 5/9/14 12:11 am

Wow! Lemons? I love the way lemons smell and I do love lemon yogurt and lemon flavored things but I have never eaten just a lemon… Yum! 

MyLady Heidi
on 5/9/14 1:17 am

I hate lemon everything except real lemons.  I don't like lemon cooked in stuff and god forbid someone go and sweeten my tea, the world might end.  I can tell you all about the growth cycle and and taste of lemons.  The skin gets bitter in the fall, so I cannot actually eat the lemon, I can just squeeze the juice because it tastes fine.  I wait very impatiently until sometime after winter when they start to sweeten up again, and I can eat the entire inside like eating an orange.  Typically you see a pile of lemon rinds sitting on my desk at work.  I don't eat anything during the day except my precious lemons.  I hold myself to one whole lemon during the day and one when I get home from work.  I try to limit them as much as I can because they are harsh on your mouth and your teeth, but good for your body, they do have many health benefits.

Missella20
on 5/9/14 11:18 pm
RNY on 07/11/13

My husband bought me 2 lemon trees for our anniversary! And we are babying them and can't wait to eat our lemons!  The blooms were beautiful and the fragrance filled the dinner room. Love them so much! The simple things......lol

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Dcgirl
on 5/9/14 1:16 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Blackbird!  What a great idea for a post.  I love seeing what others say.  These Quest bars...they do appear to have crack-like qualities LOL!  I am avoiding them for now but they certainly have a lot of fans :)

I love shrimp (cooked, with garlic and a little parmesan or with a tbsp of pesto).  I love shirataki noodles (no carb- you can find them in the produce section by the tofu.  I like the brand Pasta Zero.  Make sure you rinse well and boil again!  They smell if not lol)

I love tuna sashimi.  So I go to sushi places and order tuna and yellowfin and ask for a few slices of avocados.  SO much protein, and with some soy sauce and wasabi...yum.  No rice for me.

I also love 99% fat-free ground turkey, either mixed with italian seasoning and a tbsp of marinara sauce or with taco seasoning and a bit of shredded cheese.

For breakfast I love egg white omelets with things like cheese, bacon, onions, avocado, hot sauce...

I just got back from a two week trip in Europe and I was able to find something WLS-friendly everywhere I went, unless it was a coffeehouse with pastries (I brought protein shakes for those instances) and of course I can't go to an Italian place that only has pizza or pasta.  

Try Breakstone's 1% cottage cheese - I find I like it more than Daisy or Kroger brand (I am sure it's a personal choice, but look for the little four-packs in red packaging).  

Blackbird1987
on 5/9/14 1:49 am

YAY! These all sound so yummy and healthy! I was so worried about being limited before surgery and now I have more choices than I know what to do with! YUM! 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 234 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 64 views
Recent Topics