I am having an affair with my crockpot. Shh!

Blackbird1987
on 4/21/14 11:58 pm

Good Morning WLS'ers ! 

I had an A-HA moment recently (don't know why it took me so long) and I realized that I have been trying so hard to avoid dry proteins and have been dipping them and worrying about their moisture when all along I had a buddy in my kitchen to help me make everything "fall-off-the-bone-juicy". I have been taking lots of protein and putting it in the crockpot and making delicious meals. My veggies that I sprinkle around the bottom all come out soft and yummy and my meats are literally falling apart. Last night I made a VERY LEAN pork tenderloin in the crockpot and laid it on top of some onions so it wouldn't stick to the bottom and it was so moist and tender. After dinner I ran a fork through the rest of it and within 2 minutes I had a huge tupperware container filled with pulled pork for my fiance for the next few days. yum yum yum! Chicken with a little broth and veggies makes for a delicious meal also. 

Many of you are probably nodding your heads, thinking DUH! However, if you don't have a crockpot, you should buy one, they pay for themselves in a few meals. YUM! A bariatric patients dream cooker! 

JJ0609
on 4/22/14 12:44 am

Don't tell my other kitchen aides, but my crock pot is my favorite!

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Missella20
on 4/22/14 1:25 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Me too haha! 2 of my favorites are chicken thighs placed on foil balls in the crockpot. And then use a favorite seasoning. My 2nd  favorite crockpot recipe is Mexican meatloaf. It is the moistest meatloaf ever! Hubby and kids ask for it often.

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

AnnyBananny
on 4/22/14 1:29 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Please, tell me more about this chicken thighs on foil balls...?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Missella20
on 4/22/14 1:33 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Oh...you make big foil balls 5-6 to fill up the bottom of the crockpot. Then put the chicken on top of the foil. Sprinkle with seasonings and cook on low all day. The thighs are the best, very moist!

Ocalasam
on 4/22/14 1:34 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Please tell me more about the chicken thighs on foil balls and the mexican meatloaf!!!

Missella20
on 4/22/14 1:40 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Mexican Meatloaf-2 lbs ground beef, 2 cups crushed tortilla chips, 2/3 cup salsa, taco seasoning pkt, 2 beaten eggs, 1cup shredded cheddar cheese. Mix in a large bowl. Form in a loaf shape and cook in crockpot 8-10 hours on low. I also top the loaf with salsa.

LKS1632
on 4/22/14 2:04 am
RNY on 03/26/14

oooo - I am soooo making this! This sounds yummy! Please share any other crock pot ideas! I never even thought of my crock pot but WOW - great idea!

Laura

Dcgirl
on 4/22/14 2:09 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I recently made an awesome recipe in the crock pot.  It was a little salty but good!

1 can of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup

1 can of diced green chilies

1 16 oz tub of greek yogurt (I used Fage 2%)

1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix (it called for a half but I used it all)

Stir it all in the crockpot and then place 1.5 lbs of chicken breast on top and cook on low for 7 hours.  You could shred the chicken with a plastic fork!  It was amazing!  I got 4 meals out of it and 3 more are in the freezer :)

AnnyBananny
on 4/22/14 4:23 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yum...this sounds good - does it get spicy? And by that I'm actually asking if you think you could have eaten it earlier out? All the ingredients are things I can have at this point, except I'm not sure about the green chilies?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views