I am having an affair with my crockpot. Shh!

AK_Gipson
on 4/22/14 8:48 am
VSG on 04/14/14

I cook just about everything in the crockpot. I'm still on full liquids but I can still cook for the family and not be as tempted :) 

look for slow cooker bags. They go in the crockpot first and make clean up a breeze! 

I make chicken breast - 3 hours on high and shred for BBQ, or chop for soups or for dipping.

chicken wings 4 hours then tossed in a bowl with the wing sauce

all ground meats - 3-4 hours tastes so much better

turkey meatballs

meatloaf with tin foil wrapped potatoes 

chicken veggie soups

hamburgermeat, gravy, and onions

broccoli beef

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

Blackbird1987
on 4/22/14 8:59 am

YUM! These all sounds delicious! My fiance is a chicken wing FANATIC and hasn't been eating them since I had surgery to support me in healthy eating, I would love to make some in the crockpot, are they less fatty made at home? I imagine they would be similar to cooking any chicken in the crockpot right? I heard that they fall off the bone in the crockpot :) Any good wing sauce that you use? 

AK_Gipson
on 4/22/14 9:12 am
VSG on 04/14/14

I'd check them at 3 hours, but I haven't had any falling off the bone... But I usually put them in half frozen lol 

we have a friend who used to run a BBQ place and he makes us his "secret" sauce. They aren't quite as crispy as if fried, but no way  I'm frying them and can't eat them! This is our Friday night dinner, kiddos love it! 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

losingthefatt
on 4/22/14 10:09 am - NJ
VSG on 02/11/14

Thanks, Blackbird! I LOVE to shop! You just gave me another reason to go to Walmart! 

Kim...aka LosingTheFatt

"2Blessed...2B Stressed"

Kimberly K.
on 4/22/14 10:46 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Oh yeah, gonna try these recipes for sure!

Kim K.    

AnnyBananny
on 4/22/14 11:59 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ok! My first post-WLS crockpot meal is cooking! Thanks for the inspiration everyone.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Blackbird1987
on 4/22/14 11:26 pm

Yay! Congrats! How did it turn out? 

AnnyBananny
on 4/23/14 12:01 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Well if the smell is any indication, pretty good! I made the recipe DCGirl posted yesterday and I'm having it for dinner. 

I also got even more chicken. Originally I had been planning to do the White Chicken Chili someone had mentioned, but the silly grocery store I was at didn't have the spice packet - so I got a different one that is for "Fiesta Chicken." Chicken, black beans, canned corn and tomatoes - for now I'm leaving the last two out and just putting in some chicken broth for moisture - going to throw that one in tonight and then I'll have freezer goodness for like 3 weeks worth of meals.

I used my crock pot ALL THE TIME pre surgery - I had sort of the same realization you did when I started reading these posts yesterday!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Kelly M.
on 4/22/14 11:53 pm - TX

Heres one- I take my crockpot put the base on stove I season and brown country beef back ribs  on high bout five minutes transfer to hot plate and I mix up tomato paste in the tube mix with 1/4 cup water and pour over ribs, place carrots and onion on top, cook on high bout 6 hours, I take carrots out and onion after 2 1/2 hours, that is some good tender meat.

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

Cunning_Pam
on 4/23/14 12:13 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Your toaster called me. He's feeling very left out. The blender has been sending me lonely PMs as well.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 232 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics