2 weeks preop- QUestion on GAS!!

jpm
on 4/7/14 2:19 am

OK my questions is GAS and not the kind from the when they blow you up in surgery but the other end gas: )  Do you have it all the time???  Is it controlable? IF so what helps?  Does it go away?  Does it smell bad?  A lady I worked with years ago had RNY and she had horrible smelly gas and she did not control it she said she couldn't and that it was normal....This is probably my biggest worry, I work in an office and in close quarters in our office so I'm worried..Does gasx help?

Thanks

Jaq

Blackbird1987
on 4/7/14 2:21 am

Hello! 

I am 7 weeks post op RNY and I don't have tons of gas haha. I am not sure if I am abnormal or normal but I have a few friends who have had it too and none of us have bad gas. I hope this helps! 

SHMILY
on 4/7/14 2:24 am

Almost 7 weeks here and no gas

Are you eating fresh veggies? If so that will do it

Surgery Feb 26, 2014. Starting wt 270 lbs

jpm
on 4/7/14 2:34 am

I am 2 week out 2 day from having surgery, I was just wondering for afterwards.

Thanks

Jaq

poet_kelly
on 4/7/14 2:35 am - OH

No, I don't have gas all the time.  I do once in a while, and yeah, it smells bad.  It smelled bad before I had RNY, too.  I don't know many people that have nice-smelling gas.  But I don't have it any more now than I did before my WLS.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jefferytmc
on 4/7/14 3:17 am

A lot depends on your body and what you are eating.

In general I would say I do not have it any worse than before.  I am 7 weeks post op.

But if I eat a lot of fiber, and things that cause gas, then yes I do.

Gas X does help.

The surgery I do not think makes the gas worse, just what you are now eating.  High protein diets make it smell pretty bad.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 311 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 281 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 447 views