Month out, stomachache

applegirljae
on 4/3/14 6:57 am

I'm a month out today and for the the last few days, about 4, I've been having a stomach ache. First off and on and just achy but today it's been pretty non stop with very mild nausea. The only thing I can think of is the I eat and a lot dairy, it's my main food, could I develop an intolerance? And if I cut it out to see if I do then what would I eat, meat? 

Thanks for your help. 

dccyr
on 4/3/14 7:17 am

I made chili so I got protein that way. Ground beef was easily tolerated that way.  I also supplement with protein drinks, omelette with low fat cheese. 

mamabug70
on 4/3/14 7:59 am - Kansas City, MO
RNY on 03/25/13

I recently read that dairy can cause us a lot of trouble.. I used to drink milk all the time before surgery and now I just don't tolerate it well.  I can have a little in my coffee but that's about all I can have.  Hope your stomach ache goes away soon!

Amy

Amy

HW 308 SW 290 CW 151 GW 150

gtrdyfor50
on 4/3/14 9:37 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Too much diary does that to me. Hope you figure out what it is.

MrsLitch
on 4/3/14 3:48 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I had occasional issues with lactose prior to surgery but it amped up big time after, I got all my protein from the beginning with protein shake mixed with  water for breakfast and meat cheese or eggs the rest of the day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Grim_Traveller
on 4/3/14 7:43 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It could be a lactose issue, but it could be a lot of things. Most people with a lactose problem can still do yogurt. You could try meat and eggs for a couple of days, to see what happens. But you should call your doctor and ask them, or ask to be seen.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

applegirljae
on 4/4/14 2:04 pm

Thank you all for your responses!  I called my center after I posted this because I was so worried.  We went thru the things I have been eating and the meds I've been taking and I had totally forgot that I was prescibed the antibiotic amoxicillin for tonsilitis four days earlier!  I remembered that they gave me trouble before surgery so, duh!  I can deal with the stomach pain now that I know what is causing it.  Only 5 more days to go.

Thank goodness it wasn't dairy, I'd have cried!

Again, thanks for your responses :)

Cunning_Pam
on 4/5/14 1:01 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I remember a recent post where someone was having stomach trouble after taking antibiotics. I think it was Lora *****commended that they drink a lot of water after taking it, so as to wa**** through the pouch and into the intestinal tract faster. This helped the person asking, it might be something for you to try. Since antibiotics aren't absorbed in the stomach, it makes sense to get it through as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 87 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 364 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 306 views