Final weigh in next week. What is wrong with me???

applegirljae
on 2/5/14 9:52 am

My final weigh in for surgery is next week and I'm having such a hard time staying on track.  I need to have lost 12 lbs by my final weigh in and I still have anywere from 5-7 lbs to go depending on the day.  All I want to do is binge.  It's making me cry and feel like crap and the more I feel like crap the more I want to eat.  I worked so hard for a year to get hired on at my job so I could have this surgery and since I've been approved I've done nothing but crap on this opportunity.  What is wrong with me???

poet_kelly
on 2/5/14 10:05 am - OH

I'm guessing what's wrong with you is that you're stressed out and you're used to eating to deal with stress.  I'm guessing you're probably also thinking that after surgery, you won't get to eat the things you like to eat so you really want to eat them now while you still can.  Either of those things sound right to you?

I'll tell you a secret, though.  Chances are very good you will be able to eat the things you like to eat after surgery.  Just not for a while.  You might never eat a Big Mac and a large fry and a milkshake for one meal again, but you will be able to eat burgers (or part of one) and a couple fries eventually.  And I can help you figure out how to make a protein shake that tastes like a yummy milkshake.  Honest, I can.

I'll tell you something else.  After surgery, there are gonna be times you are really stressed about stuff and you'll want to eat.  And you're going to need other coping skills then.  So this is a great time to start trying out new ways of dealing with stress.  Look at it as practice.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mo Diggity
on 2/5/14 10:59 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Great response

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

rvtisme
on 2/5/14 12:00 pm
RNY on 12/16/13

what a beautiful reply kelly. just had to say.

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

applegirljae
on 2/5/14 3:03 pm

Yes and yes. All those thoughts are swerlling around my brain. Nervousness and anxiety really tear me down. I'm glad there are people who understand. 

I will definitely call on you for your protein shake recipe. Thanks!

marymo362
on 2/6/14 10:58 am
RNY on 03/18/14

Kelly--  wow and thank you! I am sitting in kid of the same place. I need to lose 4 more pounds to get on the surgery schedule and tbhink I am more stressed about it than I realized! 

I am going to set up an appointment with a therapist next week, just someone to talk to for a little bit.

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 2/5/14 10:10 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Amen to what Kelly said! I ate all my favorite foods in copious amounts before I did my two week pre-op diet and now I just have more weight to lose. What a mistake! I regret it, a lot. 

Im also experiencing stress right now (mom diagnosed with cancer yesterday-a rare form of ocular melanoma) and I have realized two things. 1. I used to cope with stress through food and 2. I have to find a new solution and I CAN because I have a tool (RNY) to help me. Also, my mom is a slim and healthy 62 year old and now facing this fight. It really highlights the need to be healthy. She would probably die if she were obese and had diabetes and other comorbodities. It reinforces my commitment to health. 

Go carb free and do 1200 calories high protein lean meals for one week. Lose 7 lbs. get RNY and your life will dramatically change for the better if you commit and follow plan after! You got this!

applegirljae
on 2/5/14 3:09 pm

Thanks, dcgirl. I'm sorry about your mom, my thoughts and prayers are with you both. 

I do need to find a way to cope with my feeling that doesn't include eating them away. I'll take your advice diet wise and shed these last pounds, I don't want to have to wait another month!

marymo362
on 2/6/14 11:00 am
RNY on 03/18/14

sending love and healing thoughts for your mom. 

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 2/5/14 11:24 pm - Brighton, IL

You can do this to get the surgery you need to help you deal with your weight for life. Just keep reminding yourself of your final goal and how much better your life will be at a healthy weight. Just follow your plan. Some ways I have found to deal with stress with out food are knitting,reading,sewing,puzzles and exercising. Anything to keep your mind and hands busy will work. I have been overweight my whole life and lost 135 pounds after surgery in August of 2012. I am now on maintenance and love my new active life. If I can do this,you can too!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 88 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 308 views