Have a tentative date of December 18th!!

Dukemom
on 10/15/13 6:12 am
RNY on 12/17/13

God bless the Bariatric Team at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.  They are going above and beyond to get my surgery in before the end of the year (I had my initial consultations in early October).  The surgeon's nurse just called to tell me they have booked me for December 18th, pending my final medical clearance on November 19th.  She said she'll have me come back 2 weeks after that to meet with the surgeon and have my full nutritional workshop, which my husband has to attend.  He's thrilled by that, as we'll be gone 2 nights and have to take the dog with us.

My husband initially wan't happy with the date; we have our adult son, daughter, SIL, and grandson coming for Cristmas.  I was not apologetic.  I told him I need this, and if the week before Christmas is my date, then I'll happily take it.  With surgery on Wednesday, the 18th they said I'd be discharged Friday the 20th.  They will want me to stay in a nearby hotel over that weekend so they can see me Monday, December 23rd if I'm having any problems.  If not, we can drive home that day.  This is the first time I've put myself above my children and husband.  Yes, it will complicate my kids' holiday travel plans, but my health and well being is going to come first this time. 

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

chaly
on 10/15/13 7:30 am
RNY on 11/05/13

Good for you for putting yourself first this time.  That is something that I too need to take a lesson in.  I'm so happy for your tentative date.  Good luck.  Also let your adult children worry about the Christmas plans this year.  They are old enough to take the reigns one year out of many.

daisy142
on 10/15/13 8:00 am - TX
Congrats!! Your health is important so you can be around to enjoy your family for years to come!!

HW = 370

SW = 322

GW = 180

Lap RNY by Dr. Dana Reiss

Dukemom
on 10/15/13 10:04 am
RNY on 12/17/13

Thanks!  My kids are very supportive, I have no complaints there.  They both offered to take time off from work whenever my surgery ended up being - to take care of my mom and our dog.  They were both willing to have Christmas in Jacksonville with me if necessary.  I've been blessed with a great family, and they are the reason I am doing this, so I can enjoy them as long as possible.  Also, I have a grandson who will be 1 year old at Christmas.  I need to be able to keep up with that adorable little rocket!!! 

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

Coder
on 10/15/13 10:46 am - PA
RNY on 12/18/13

I'm also scheduled for December 18th, 7:30 AM .  I am calling this my Christmas gift to myself.  My family is also supportive which helps this time of the year

Dukemom
on 10/15/13 11:32 am
RNY on 12/17/13

Coder - that is very cool that we have the same day. If you want, let's keep in touch to compare notes and give each other support!

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 63 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 361 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 303 views