Long story OMG!!! Disgusted, very sad, angry please give me advise weight gain 3rd week...

aspanishdancer
on 7/23/13 7:08 am - Covington, GA

Omg!!! I'm so hurt I now know or think I have made the wrong decision to get this surgery I thought that it will help me improve my health, my weight I have be walking 30 mins a day 5-6 days a week and I got my new scale and it says I have gained 4 pounds ok I know they say scale can be off by 2 to 3 pounds I weighted 483lbs at my doctor office last tuesday exactly one week today nd I get my new scale prepared for it to say I didn't loose no weight because I have seen and been reading on here about a 3week post op stall so I said to myself I want be upset if I have not lost any but never in a million yrs did I think about gaining weight when I have been trying to excercise 7 days a week but only attempting 5or6 but I do a minum of 5 because that's what it say in my baratric handbook/ Manuel  nd I font go beyond me oz it states eat 2-3 meals no more than 3-4oz which I do it the max 4oz but I'm still hungry but I don't go over that and most of the time I only eat twice a dy not even three times and it also say eat 2-3 snack a day no more that 1-2 oz which I do eat the max of 2 oz I usually eat both snack but that's what my doctor require I'm eatin meats and veggies and I'm getting most my protein in the last two days have gotten like 84 or 94 but over my protein grams my water in take still struggling with that and I think the water I am drinking I'm  retaining omg If I do drink all 64 oz I will gain and gain I just don't know why me lord I'm scared this surgery is not going to irk for me please I need help support understanding explanation something I'm going fraking loco gosh idk?????

hibbyangel
on 7/23/13 7:15 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

Take a deep breath, keep doing what the doctor told you to do..and don't worry about a bad day like today. Probably water retention? constipation? something..tomorrow is another day

sarahmathis1681
on 7/23/13 7:18 am
RNY on 02/13/12
I was 510 pounds when I had surgery I have now lost 200 pounds it takes time don't beat yourself up it will come off the first 6 weeks was the hardest for me

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

kksnewsong
on 7/23/13 8:12 am
RNY on 06/06/13
Its ok! I do this every week or so! I'm about 7 weeks out! I've gained 3 or 4 lbs and a few days later its gone along with a 1 lb or more! You did this when you were still non-surgery so its normal! Try not to weigh but 1x s a week! Scales will drive you crazy! Check your clothes and other little things like not as hard to get up steps or easier to get up and down! When you arent losing weight you are losing inches! So hang in there!
  1.     kksnewsòng

VintageChick
on 7/23/13 9:01 am

It's okay, stay calm! :)

You aren't even a month out. Follow the plan, and realize it's a process and going to take time. I had quite a bit of buyer's remorse at first. Many people do. And stay off the scale for a few days... try to notice other things such as looser clothing or a little less fat rolls. Three weeks out is about when I started noticing my fat has a doughy feel to it. 

You can do this!

lap RNY 5-15-13

Nickeliz
on 7/23/13 9:16 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 06/18/13

Also, if this is a new scale sometimes that can throw the weight off because the two scales may weigh a little differently. Just start from today and follow your doctor's plan and you should be fine.

AnchorsAweigh
on 7/23/13 9:42 am

For a while I was sure WLS was the biggest mistake of my life. Now at just over three months out I am thrilled I have taken this step. Hang in there--it will work.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/23/13 9:43 am - OH

Relax and stay off the scale for a couple of weeks.  You have already read about the three week stall  and you have, no doubt, read posts abou****er retention.  Nothing unusual going on with you that doesn't happen to many, many other people.  Please try to get some perspective and get your emotions under control a bit, because if you continue to be this upset about a very small bump in the road, it may be a rollercoaster ride of emotions for you over the next year.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/13 9:44 am

I understand gaining weight when you are working so hard to lose is especially upsetting. It can feel so defeating.  I've been there. However, let me offer you some perspective.  So let's say you did gain 4 lbs. A 4 lb gain would represent a 0.008% increase in your weight. Yea pretty small, almost not even worth mentioning. To be honest with you-and maybe TMI, I've gained more than that just from being constipated. After I had my daughter I lost 5 lbs in one trip to the bathroom, true story.

If I can offer a piece of unsolicited advice it would be this- get rid of your scale. I took the battery out of mine before the night before surgery, and I only weigh myself at the doctor's office.  Keep your focus on staying the course. It sounds like you are doing a great job with your exercise and following your doctor's plan. 

For now just enjoy your new lease on life. The weight will come off.  

LadyLilMax
on 7/23/13 9:44 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Get rid of the scale, it is the kindest thing you can do for yourself.  Give yourself and your body a chance to adjust to this amazing whole new way of eating, losing, living, exercising, and thinking and feeling. 

Just a thought.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views