Drinking protein drink fast

aspanishdancer
on 7/20/13 12:25 pm - Covington, GA

Hello every one I'm 3weeks post op and I'm really worrie about my eating and drinking I fixed me my protein drink it's made with 8 oz 1% milk 1/2 a bannana  1scoope my 25mg protein powder and ice chips it make 2cups anyhow I made it about20 or 30 mins ago and I'm done with two cups of protein shake m I drinking too much too fast it don't hurt my stomach I don't feel full now food let me tell u what I ate yesterday for breakfast 4oz of turkey slice sandwich meat with one slice of cheese for a snack a 4oz pudding cup for dinner I had 4oz chicken noodle soup witch is almost whole can cuz I drain the noodles and I left about four bits I the bowl cuz I didn't want to eat whole can and then for snack I had 1oz pork skins with salsa about 3tbsp now pork skins an salsa don't have no carbs no protein, no sugar just calories ok then later on I finished the chicken nood out witch was about four or five bits max what do y'all think I took my vitamins and I didn't drink my protein shake today I have three pork skins and my 1-2tbsp of salsa for lunch I had chicken shredded with onions, tomatoes, and mushroom I weighted out 4oz with about 2-3tsp of cabbage all that with cabbage weighted 4oz I was still hungry and not satisfied so I fixed 4oz more and only took a coupl more bits and I was satisfied there was no way I could have eaten the other 4oz just a couple bits of it I feel like I'm eating o much nd I had my 2cups of protein shake that I drank in 30 mins please peps tell me if I'm d

poet_kelly
on 7/20/13 12:31 pm - OH

Drinking your protein shake in 30  minutes is fine.

Are pork skins on your surgeon's meal plan right now, though?  ARe you on regular foods?  Not soft foods or pureed or anything like that?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MellaYella
on 7/20/13 12:34 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 06/05/13
Pork skins and cabbage only 3 weeks out? Wow! I guess every surgeon really is different. I am six weeks out and only just moved on from full liquids to purée which I'm on for two more weeks. Cabbage and salad or other roughage is not allowed until 4 months out on my program.
poet_kelly
on 7/20/13 12:36 pm - OH

Your surgeon had you on full liquids for six weeks?

I would be surprised if any surgeon had pork skins on his plan at just three weeks out but I've never heard of anyone having patients on full liquids for six weeks, either.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aspanishdancer
on 7/20/13 2:23 pm - Covington, GA

No I'm not on full liquids for six weeks this is how my doctor works  

poet_kelly
on 7/20/13 9:22 pm - OH

I was responding to MellaYella, who said she is six weeks out and just started pureed food.

aspanishdancer
on 7/20/13 2:29 pm - Covington, GA

From surgery day to day 7 that phase 1 which is clear liquids then from day 7 to day 14 that's phase 2 which is a full liquid then from day 14 to day 21 that's puréed/soft diet that's phase 3 that's the phase I'm in is phase 3 then from day 21 and from that day forward is the protein first low carbs low sugar diet. We will maintain for the rest of our life phase 3 allows you to eat turkey, fish, tuna fish, chicken all vegatables except lettus and the ve

aspanishdancer
on 7/20/13 2:33 pm - Covington, GA

Now the veggie can't be raw they have to be cooked and moist also all meats have to be cook to be very wet and moist and chew chew chew the baratric nutritiest said I could have the pork skins but I'm not going to eat them but every once in a while cuz I ate like 7 pork skins with half can of tuna and I felt soo full or the pork skin got tuck one I really don't know what happen to be honest I'm just scared I'm dong things wrong 

poet_kelly
on 7/20/13 9:25 pm - OH

If you can't have raw veggies, but they have to be cooked and very moist, then I don't see how pork skins, which are crunchy and hard and not moist at all, would be appropriate.  If your nutritionist is advising you to eat pork skins at just three weeks post op, honestly, I would get a second opinion.  You might want to find a registered dietician instead of a nutritionist, because a registered dietician has a college degree in nutrition, has to pass a licensing exam, has to get continuing education every year, and is regulated by the state. Nutritionists might have a degree but they don't have to and there is no license and no regulation of any kind.

MellaYella
on 7/20/13 12:42 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 06/05/13
Clear liquids for 10 days, full liquids for 4 weeks, purée for 3 weeks (started last week) and then well see I guess. They don't tell us anything ahead of time so I'm not sure what i will be adding next. Frankly purée doesn't add too much for me bcs I'm still eating the same baby food. Just able to add grits cresm of wheat ricotta and cottage cheese. Can't stomach the idea of putting my chicken or tuna in the blender and then running it through a strainer just sounds kind unappetizing to me. Ugh.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 3 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 336 views