Drinking protein drink fast

Katie K.
on 7/21/13 1:49 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
My mixer kind of minced the meat. I just made sure I chewed it really well. I wasn't looking forward to purée but it was fine. Not sure why you'd have to strain it. Sounds disgusting.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/20/13 12:50 pm - OH

At only three weeks out you likely are not feeling "full" yet until you are overly full, so it is VERY important to measure your portions and not eat any more than that.  Also, many of us who are obese don't really know what true physical hunger is... we misinterpret our DESIRE to eat more with true PHYSICAL hunger and that can cause us to overeat.

I don't see any problem with drinking the protein shake in 30 minutes, but I am concerned that you are eating pork skins at only three weeks out.  Fried foods are not a good idea!  You said they don't have any protein, but they should have protein in them.  It doesn't make them a better choice since they are fried and therefore high in calories, but re-check the label.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

aspanishdancer
on 7/20/13 2:07 pm - Covington, GA

I re-checked the label it only has 80 calories per serving and a serving size is 1/2 oz and no carbs no sugar no fats no proteins I spoke with my baratric nutritiest and she said that was fine I'm going to back off of them because it either gets stuck or I'm full one I can't really desifer the difference but why. When I eat 4oz of chicken and cabbage I'm not satisfied nor full my stomach is the size. Of an egg how can I hold that much food and still not satisfied I don't understand it I told. My doctor and he said as long as I'm eatin the ight kinds of food I just don't get it

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/20/13 5:42 pm - OH

If it has no carbs, fats, sugars, or protein, WTH is it (and where do the calories come from)?!? 

What does the ingredients list say (and what brand is it)?  I'm not questioning your veracity, but I am questioning their nutritional information because basically they are saying it has NONE of the primary components of food (carbs, fat, protein).

Lora

poet_kelly
on 7/20/13 9:28 pm - OH

I googled it and looked at labels for three different brands of pork skins and they all had about nine grams of protein per serving.  So this is very confusing.  They all had about five grams of fat per serving, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/20/13 11:20 pm - OH

Yep, I did the same thing.  

Lora

PetHairMagnet
on 7/20/13 2:06 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On July 20, 2013 at 7:25 PM Pacific Time, aspanishdancer wrote:

Hello every one I'm 3weeks post op and I'm really worrie about my eating and drinking I fixed me my protein drink it's made with 8 oz 1% milk 1/2 a bannana  1scoope my 25mg protein powder and ice chips it make 2cups anyhow I made it about20 or 30 mins ago and I'm done with two cups of protein shake m I drinking too much too fast it don't hurt my stomach I don't feel full now food let me tell u what I ate yesterday for breakfast 4oz of turkey slice sandwich meat with one slice of cheese for a snack a 4oz pudding cup for dinner I had 4oz chicken noodle soup witch is almost whole can cuz I drain the noodles and I left about four bits I the bowl cuz I didn't want to eat whole can and then for snack I had 1oz pork skins with salsa about 3tbsp now pork skins an salsa don't have no carbs no protein, no sugar just calories ok then later on I finished the chicken nood out witch was about four or five bits max what do y'all think I took my vitamins and I didn't drink my protein shake today I have three pork skins and my 1-2tbsp of salsa for lunch I had chicken shredded with onions, tomatoes, and mushroom I weighted out 4oz with about 2-3tsp of cabbage all that with cabbage weighted 4oz I was still hungry and not satisfied so I fixed 4oz more and only took a coupl more bits and I was satisfied there was no way I could have eaten the other 4oz just a couple bits of it I feel like I'm eating o much nd I had my 2cups of protein shake that I drank in 30 mins please peps tell me if I'm d

Is this legit?!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

aspanishdancer
on 7/20/13 2:10 pm - Covington, GA

Yes why would u ask that lol?

poet_kelly
on 7/20/13 9:29 pm - OH

I think she asked that because she is surprised to hear someone is eating pork skins at just three weeks post op.  It seems like such an unusual thing to be eating so early out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Nutmegger
on 7/20/13 6:50 pm
If you are eating chicken with vegetables, meaning a spoon / forkfull of each together you will not feel as full as just eating the serving of chicken first, then vegetables. Take your time and eat the protein slowly. I was eating proteins with watery vegetables, like cucumber and it makes your food slide right through, and you don't feel fullness that you should from protein.

I would ditch the pork rinds, they don't provide anything you need and at 3 weeks are pretty harsh texture wise.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 236 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 299 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 71 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 71 views