OT - The Dog Quandry

thynnlynn
on 3/28/13 2:40 am - MI

As most of you know, I lost my friend of 16 years a month ago and it has been soooooo lonely here.  I have the most wonderful cat, but I did not realize just how big a part Choopie played in my life.  I am older and did not want a puppy, rather a rescue dog who needs me, as all of my furbabies have been.

I have been looking and calling the animal shelters as I needed a female, spayed, small loving dog.  I called animal control for a county 100 miles south of me and the worker I spoke with told me that a 5-1/2-year-old chihuahua had come in about 6 months before whose family moved to Florida and they just dumped her at the pound and she was terrified and traumatized.  Who could do this?????  Anyway, he said another worker took her home to foster and was looking for a good home for her, and by the way, her mother just happens to live a little north of you and will be driving right by your house on Easter Sunday on their way home from having dinner with their daughter, who has the dog.  We have emailed and spoken several times and she is coming to see if she wants to live with us this Easter Sunday, a fitting day for new beginnings.  I hope that she will want her forever home to be with us. 

Meet Tia ~

photo IMG-20121122-009601-1.jpg

Off to go buy dog food and other necessities!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/28/13 2:46 am

Well congratulations, Lynn! Tia looks like a sweet girl, and I am sure you will give her a wonderful home.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Jilly Bean
on 3/28/13 2:48 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Yay for you, Lynn!!!  She'll be a good companion for you! 

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

lizpete
on 3/28/13 2:54 am - Marlboro, MA

I am sorry for you loss of Choopie.  I lost my furry companion in December and the pain is still deep.  That being said...

What a Cutie Patuti!!!!  She looks like a keeper to me. And I am sure that once she see you  she will feel the same.    Good Luck and keep up posted.  I for one LOVE to hear of these stories

MarthaMyDear
on 3/28/13 4:10 am - PA
RNY on 04/09/13
Oh how cute!! Hello Tia. My girl friend has a mix chihuahua and she is silly. She likes to get under covers and lay on her shoulds. She is funny and a joy to be around. I am sure that Miss Tia will prove to be a perfect match and full of love. Keep us posted how it is going on. Congratulations! !!!
ToNewBeginnings
on 3/28/13 5:08 am

She's lovely. Have a wonderful Easter.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/28/13 5:36 am - OH

That's wonderful!!!!  I hope it will a good match, since it sounds like you need each other.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MyLady Heidi
on 3/28/13 5:41 am

Wow this post brought tears to my eyes, I wish you and your new doggie all the best.  If sounds like this little dog found a wonderful new home with someone as kind and compassionate as you.

Happy Easter!

mpjones
on 3/28/13 9:23 am

MUCH better than flowers for Easter ! I'm sure you 're going to have a wonderful relationship ! What a cute face !!

April M.
on 3/28/13 11:59 am
RNY on 09/26/13

I LOVE this story!!!!  :-)

Congratulations!!!  How exciting!  I love my dogs so much... they are my kids!!!  :-)

April

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 372 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 314 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 111 views