A Goal I did not think I would have

thynnlynn
on 3/20/13 3:43 am - MI

When I left the hospital, I weighed 15 pounds more than when I came in.  It is now one week and I am now back at the weight I started, so I guess this is some kind of goal!

However, I feel that with the little I have been taking in, I would have lost most of this anyway.

I have not been taking vitamins because I cannot stand to chew them and cutting them was not working. My mortar &  pestle arrived in the mail this morning and I will be able to start taking them now and am hoping that this will make a difference.  I have been walking frequently, in spite of a severe gout flare that is now controlled thanks to steroids, as I can no longer take my usual gout meds as they are NSAID's.  I have a follow-up with my surgeon on the 26th and with my PCP in a month.  My PCP will put my on a long term gout med as I never want to go through that again.

I hope the scale continues to move south!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

wdwgram14
on 3/20/13 3:49 am

awesome for you . whats you steriod dosage? prednazone?

thynnlynn
on 3/20/13 3:58 am - MI

Methelprednisolone, in one of those dose pack things.  Next month I will start on allipurinol daily to avoid this.  It was horrible and got up to my ankle before I could see my doc.  At least I can walk now.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

wdwgram14
on 3/20/13 4:32 am

SO GLAD YOUR DOING BETTER  opps caps sorry :)

wdwgram14
on 3/20/13 4:34 am

hey did you go to Forrest hill hosp ? if so how did you like it were you in your own room was everyone nice? did you stay 1 or 2  nights thanks oh is there a comfy chair for hubby :)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/20/13 4:59 am

The scale will move. Just give it a bit of time. If necessary, put it away for a bit. We all think we aren't losing fast enough at some point.

Feel better soon.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

debbie A.
on 3/20/13 5:25 am - inland empire, CA

I dont really know what im talking about but from experience with my son and his asthma, steroids made him gain weight. 

thynnlynn
on 3/20/13 10:07 am - MI

These little steroid packs do not usually affect weight.

Yes, that is where I went.  I stayed two nights which is the average.  It is very nice.  Private room.  I do not know what kind of chairs they have as I do not like visitors (even husband) and sent him to a friend's home that lives about 5 miles away.  They do have a nice lounge on the patient floor.

I will be seeing Dr. Taylor in his Saginaw office on the 26th as I live up in Mio, which is 3 hours north of Ypsi.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?