9 months out and weight loss seemed to have come to a halt...

volky64
on 6/25/12 1:22 am
hey everyone.
just looking for some input.  i'm just about 9 months out of surgery.  i've lost just about a hundred pounds, but still have a good at least 75 more to go.  i exercise at least 3-4 a week, zumba and/or walking. or swimming now that the weather has been good.  but the scale hasn't budged.  not much at all.  at the end of may the scale moved like 2 pounds, but that's been about it.  does anybody have any input? or suggestions? or experience??

just getting a little frustrated.
beth1010
on 6/25/12 1:33 am
RNY on 08/01/11 with
I'll be looking at this thread. I'm about 10 months out and in the same boat.

I chart my food, exercise, weight train 3x a week but nothing.  I'm a bit at the freaked out point.

volky64
on 6/25/12 1:36 am
me too beth.  i don't understand.  i watch my portions and calories.  exercise. drink water. and nothing.  it's like i'm in limbo or something.  driving me nuts.
Hillery82211
on 6/25/12 4:37 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
Joining this ride because I'm in the same boat.  133 pounds down and its like I hit a brick wall all of a sudden.  I'm fairly certain its a stall but man... it's starting to play tricks with my mind!
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
skabets112
on 6/25/12 1:45 am
I stopped losing at about the 10 month mark. Lost 117.5 lbs, and have maintained, but it was a good weight for my body. I could definitely lose more (as I was 158 or so when I stopped). It might just be a stall. Up protein, and drink lots of water. And remember that not all calories are the same. I could have a candy bar for what I'd have a piece of chicken for...are they equal? heck no. hopefully you can figure something out.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

volky64
on 6/25/12 2:07 am
i would be happy if i was at 158.  but i'm still quite a ways from there.

will try to up protein and water and see what happens..
thanks so much!!
Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/25/12 2:09 am
Volky, I am about two weeks ahead of you, and my loss in months 8 and 9 slowed way down. At 9.5 months, it's starting to pick up again. I think this is a common time to stall, but of course I too am waiting for some veterans to chime in.

I chart, but I did notice my carbs (and I count total carbs, not net) were creeping to over 100 a day. That may or may not have had anything to do with it.

I won't say I stalled because I didn't--I was just losing more slowly than I would like(4-5 lbs a month). However, I am trying to remind myself that this is a marathon, so I need to settle in for the long haul and get happy.
skabets112
on 6/25/12 2:13 am
I found that at 9 months out, I started eating more carbs, because they were easier to for me to eat. Maybe you could post a list of what you eat on a typical day. It's hard to pin point without it, ya know?

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

vidsid
on 6/25/12 3:01 am - OH
I stalled at 7 thru 8 months and was kind of depressed.  In the last week or so, the scale has started moving again and I'm down 5lbs. from where I was stuck.  It's amazing what a new lease on life a bit of progress gives one.

Good luck!

HW:343  SW:318  CW:199

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/25/12 4:44 am
that's completely true. My loss picked up after I made sure my total carbs stayed under 100. I am 37 pounds from goal, so I am wondering if that's part of what's going on.

Breakfast  Quest bar
Snacky      1/2 cup cottage cheese
Lunch        4 thin slices of ham (the Oscar meyer kind) and 1 light mozarella cheese stick
Snacky      1/2 cup cottage cheese or greek yogurt with sf flavoring
Dinner       This varies, so I'll use last night as an example. it's generally protein with a little veggies or surprise! greek yogurt.   3oz grilled steak, the leanest bit I could find, and four small roasted brussels sprouts

I average 1000 calories and 100gs of protein a day. I drink 8-9 glasses of water and 3-4 cups of no caffeine tea.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views