Addiction to CLIFF Builder's Bars

Tantoon
on 3/8/12 8:36 am
I have a total addiction to the CLIFF Builder's Bars-- the Mint Chocolate Protein bar.  They are basically a candy bar with 20 grams of protein!  How do I break this addiction?
seattledeb
on 3/8/12 8:38 am
 20 grams of protein is good.
Do they have  a lot of sugar?

Tantoon
on 3/8/12 8:40 am
Yes, they are so bad:

270 calories
20g of sugars
31g of Carbs
8g of fat
230mg of sodium

Basically a sugar filled candy bar with protein.
seattledeb
on 3/8/12 8:58 am
 Yup..they are bad! That must be why they taste so good!
Umm..quit buying them?
If it's the convenience of a protein bar find one that works for you. I had a period post op where bars just worked. The ones I could get down the best were the Premier Nutrition (fave flavor..yogurt crunch)

Deb T.

poet_kelly
on 3/8/12 9:00 am - OH
If you really believe you are addicted to them, you need to seek treatment for addiction.  Addiction is a very serious matter, whatever you are addicted to.

I'm thinking what you mean is that you like them a lot and want to eat them often, which is not the same as being addicted.  If that's the case, then you stop buying them and buy something healthier (like with less sugar) instead.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MONICASNEWLIFE
on 3/8/12 10:05 am
just dont buy them.. thats what i do, if i taste something super tasty and i know i could eat this over and over again without, getting sick or dumping then i dont bring it home, even if my husband likes it..lol...

now if you dont have them at home and you find yourself making a special trip to the store just to get them, then you are really addicted and should go to therapy or find a substitute for the cravings...

drastic right?, but you could eat something that you cant tolarate everytime you get a craving and maybe that will stop your addiction.. yes i know sounds crazy and way too drastic... only do this in case you have had all the help you can get and your still eating them... have you had your lab works done or talked to your dr... i find that when im craving something i take a daily vit and my cravings stop.. maybe the bar has a vit that you are deficient on..(another crazy thought) give your dr a call and ask him for his advice and suggestions

hope all goes well
good luck
monica
"Caterpillar in my cocoon, I'm gonna be a butterfly soon.
  I'm a little butterfly, I can soar through the sky. So glad I ended up like this, Thanks to metamorphosis".

hw 286 pre op 276 sw 263 cw 214  13lbs lost pre-op slowly but surely!!    
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 295 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 288 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views