Terrible gas 3 days post op!!!!!

jobe R.
on 2/3/12 1:37 pm - RI
Just had my surgery on the 1st of Feb.   I am in excruciating pain, alottttt of it is gas pain.....i  cannot burp or fart (sorry)  wont come out in any form!!!!! someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Hattie T.
on 2/3/12 1:48 pm - Denver, CO

You've got to drink and move.  Walking and fluids did the trick for me.  I hope it works for you.  Oh! Also, TUMS.  Others seem to like the papaya enzyme.

Feel better,

Hattie

Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/12 2:26 pm
Walk, walk walk... and GasX strips and pills (the pills are really small) seemed to help me...the gas pain is excruciating!! I sympathize!!
Reel
on 2/3/12 2:56 pm
Hate to tell you this, but I got absolutely no relief from walking. I walked so much, I walked immediately after surgery laps and laps until my release. No relief! 

I started to get relief around 5 days post op, when I drank some milk and was on the bowl all night because I had become lactose intolerant, and only then did pretty much all the gas leave my body.  Not sure how or when it will leave you, but it WILL leave you.

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

BugdocMom
on 2/3/12 3:11 pm - CA
I got some relief by walking a bit then sitting up in a straight backed chair. I think the walking made things move around and sitting (and even rocking back and forth) allowed it to come out. Also, Gas X strips are fabulous. I take 3 at a time then, if I still have problems, one or two more about a half hour later. Good luck to you...
MichelleNC
on 2/3/12 7:30 pm
 Hugs honey try everything they told you. I haven no experience from this surgery but other surgeries I walked. Just keep thinking it will get better! Hugs

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Mallory R.
on 2/3/12 9:01 pm - Greenville, NC
RNY on 01/18/12
My gas relief was in the form of hiccups!  LOL  They were annoying but welcomed.

Good luck in your gas relief.  I am sure it will come soon.
Mallory Dawn        
elle_mae
on 2/3/12 10:28 pm
RNY on 02/01/12
Hey there op buddy,

As you know, we had our surgeries on the same day.  That gas pain was nothing nice!  My nurse explained it to me like this.  She said that they shoot the CO2 gas into your body to inflate the area, so they can do the surgery.  She said that you can't fart, burp, or hiccup it out.  She said that it must be reabsorbed, and the only way to speed up the reabsorption is to move.

So, I was in that hospital walking probably every 2 hours round the clock.  Another thing that they gave me that really helped is heating pads.  I would take my pain meds, and stick a heating pad on that air bubble, and I would be very comfortable. 

-Elle
Soon to be mini-me     
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/12 10:31 pm
From when I first got home, my doctor had me on 4 gasx strips a day for the entire first week. I never experienced any bad gas pains.  I did have some interesting and noisy bathroom trips though  :) 
BoomerSooner1
on 2/3/12 11:29 pm
 It took about a week for to pass all of my gas. It just took time. Nothing I tried worked, although it is important to keep moving due to risk of blood clots...I helped to walked around outside and get fresh air a few times a day...My doc ended up giving me a stimulator to get the bowels moving regularly and that finally did the trick. Believe me, when you start letting go of the gas you won't stop for quite some time!
 Don't ask me how we lost to Baylor.  I can't figure it Out either!            
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics